My Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHoss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my addition to the DIY collection. ;)

First I removed the lid and sized it up for how many kegs it will hold. Then I cleaned it up. It can hold up to 8 corny kegs.
Keezer.jpg

Next I built the collar out of some 2 X 6 that I had lying around and stained it.
Collar.jpg

I then attached the collar to the freezer using construction all-weather glue. I then sealed it with a silicone sealant.
Keezerness.jpg

For now I'm just using 4 ports. I offset the taps so they weren't in the way of lifting the kegs in and out of the Keezer. This gives me room to ferment Lagers or do a cold conditioning after ferment. I'm using the analog temp controller and it's all working great.
IMG_0482.JPG

I really want to make my own keezer...think you could post your costs and how long it took to build?

Thank you all for your comments. I found the freezer on CraigsList for $50. Around $55 for the temp control unit. Taps with shanks were about $38 each and then lines for gas and liquid about $8 each with ball connectors.
For my keezer it was about $321 and a days work.

FYI on the "ferment lagers in the same vessel" idea---I do this in my fridge, and you may just want to be aware that this strategy demands that, during primary fermentation, your serving kegs will also be 50f+, which is pretty warm. It's not the end of the world, but I just wanted to give you the headsup.

Nice looking build!

FYI on the "ferment lagers in the same vessel" idea---I do this in my fridge, and you may just want to be aware that this strategy demands that, during primary fermentation, your serving kegs will also be 50f+, which is pretty warm. It's not the end of the world, but I just wanted to give you the headsup.

Nice looking build!

Appreciate the heads up and thanks.

Hey HB where did you buy all the supplies for your keezer except for the kegs?

Back