New pet peeve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with the OP on this one. Not that it's a big deal, but when I see it posted, I can't help but think, "ugh".

Just like I did when I realized the radio was playing "Liberty Valance" or whatever just now. Ugh. Now it's Tainted Love...

......says the guy with an avatar of a kid's carton character! ;)

Bite me...I say it because some people have a pet peeve about the word yeasts..

Plus you know, it does inject a little humor in a nervous noobs answer..and gives them a bit of personality because some people seem to think that they are inorganic compounds and this is chemsitry or making koolaid...mix and be done, NOT that they are living micro organisms that are as much our PARTNERS in the brewing process than anything...

Besides they're so damn cuuuuute! You can even get them as cuddly wuddly stuffed animals!!! See!

beerandbread.jpg

So Neener, neener, neener!

icon_OO.gif

I totally have a plush yeastie, he lives with a plush Flesh Eating Microbe.

103-0934563NEWBU.jpg

I'm with the OP, too. Coming from where I hear it as Saccharomyces Cerevisiae everyday, turning it into "yeasties" makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

I feel very affectionate towards the little fungi that make my wort into sweet, precious beer. As such, I'm all over "yeasties" like unicorn stickers on a twelve year old girl's notebook.

i dunno. i've taken to referring to yeast as "my children". if nothing else, it makes for great reactions when i tell people that i keep "my children" in a dark closet and feed them nothing but sugar.

You know, I'm a chick and I can be as cute as I damn well please. It's the law.

And I GOTTA get one of those yeast plush toys. Love it!

Back