Don't know away your infected beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosh

Reaction score
Back in the summer it got too hot and some evil bacteria snuck into my beer and turned it horribly sour :(

I decided to let it age in bottles and see if that would make it any better, its been in bottles so far for two months and the sour taste has really moderated and although sour is still the dominant taste its not half-bad and the twang is starting to grow on me.

Definately not for everyone, but if you don't mind strong flavors or have any love for Korean makkoli (bacterial unfiltered rice wine) it might be a taste that you can acquire. In any case its better than throwing out all the beautiful alcohol :drunk:

I did a Welsh Bitters back in May. After a month in the bottle, I almost gagged because of the sour taste. Took it to my HBS guy and he said it tasted infected, but wasnt sure. I almost dumped it, but I decided to let it sit and see what happends (rule #1 - Dont waste alcohol)! I cracked one late last month to taste it and WOW! It was really good! I had some friends taste test it, and they pick that one as their best. The moral to the story, time will heal all!

Latest posts

Back