Blichmann Fermenator Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its02003

Reaction score
So I am currently investigating making my own Blichmann Fermenator clone. The 14.5 is calling my name.

As part of this setup, I want to make a clone of his blow-off setup. I have not been able to find the part I need to get a tri-clamp connection attached to the lid. Everything else is (relatively) easy and I am trying to keep the whole project 100% weld free (except for the legs). I also figure if someone here knows of a WELD FREE connection I can use to attach the blow-off elbow, I can use that same part to attach the racking port and the dump valve, thus making the entire project weld free. Then I can start contemplating the pressurization issues.

Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about:

http://www.blichmannengineering.com/Fermenator Web V3/Photo Gallery.htm

The blowoff is the last picture to the right.

Since the site says that the item is compatible with every unit ever sold, I am assuming that the item requires no welding.

My other question is about the lid. On the lid of the Fermenator, there is a corny lid covering the hold. I have never owned or seen a corny up close and don't know how it works. I don't know how the lid of the Fermenator works and anyone who is privy to this information I would appreciate it if you could pass it on.

Just to state: I am not opposed to welding, I just would like to keep the amount I need to do to a minimum.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Back