How long for my Irish Red in Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BVilleggiante

Reaction score
I know the first thought...what's the rush? We'll, this is my first Irish Red and the rush is my birthday is in about 6 weeks and my wife's rented out my local pub and my beers will be on tap for friends/family. So, I want to have enough time to do a second brew with my Red incase there is something wrong with it.

I'm thinking 14 days in the primary before I cold crash. Any thoughts on if that's enough time?

Just wait til it's clear (or mostly clear), and definitely make sure it's at FG if you're in a big rush.

I have done many beers with 2 weeks of fermentation and had no problems. The only snag would be is if it has a high OG which an Irish Red shouldn't. Renting out a pub and derving your beer sounds like a great birthday party, should be a lot of fun.

I'm pretty damn excited! OG is 1.054.

I have done many beers with 2 weeks of fermentation and had no problems. The only snag would be is if it has a high OG which an Irish Red shouldn't. Renting out a pub and derving your beer sounds like a great birthday party, should be a lot of fun.

Back