This was unexpected.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magno

Sound Level Technician
Reaction score
So I was going through my brewing stuff last night, and I noticed that some water had gotten into the ziplock bag that I had a bunch of weird ingredients that dont get used often. Most of the things in there were in their own plastic bags, and just needed to be wiped off.

The only two things that had a problem were the acid blend that I have for some mead that I made, and some yeast nutrient that is for wine and mead yeast (as opposed to the ale yeast kind... Im not sure of the difference TBH). I emptied these two from their bags onto a tray and put them into the toaster oven at the lowest setting over night in an attempt to dry them out.

I woke up this morning and checked on it. The nutrient had melted and flowed into the acid blend. The acid blend had gotten crispy, some of it seems to have disapeared (maybe evaporated?).

Any ideas on weather the nutrient is worth keeping for starters and such? I could keep the melted and cooled nutrient, and break it up as needed. The acid blend is trash.

- magno

Latest posts

Back