Temp controller question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintstone

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this?

http://brewallgrain.com/products.htm

The controller looks pretty basic; but, for an all inclusive kit the price looks pretty reasonable. I was thinking of using this in conjunction with a heated kettle and false bottom. I would use the burner to get close to temp and the flick this little baby on to stabilize. Would a 1100 watt heating unit be able to hold temp?

Any comments good or bad would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't typically pour the hate on a product I've never used, but I'm not sure I understand the point...

It seems like an expensive RIMS tube that can't be cleaned. What's the advantage?

In any case, 1100W should be sufficient (assuming you don't brew outdoors in Arctic winters).

I think the concept is sound and it's a nice compact unit. However, I am immediately suspicious when someone makes their first post about a commercial item that no one has heard of. It smells a lot like spam.

Its a new product and I have a question and now its spam because its my first post? Listen Bobby_M if you think its spam don't answer and feel free to gfy.

have a nice day

flintstone said:
Its a new product and I have a question and now its spam because its my first post? Listen Bobby_M if you think its spam don't answer and feel free to gfy.

have a nice day

Haha awesome. New user fail. You might want to go make a new account now. I think you might have broken this one.

Wow. If you are a new poster just looking for help on a new product, then why get upset when questioned?

have a nice day

You're telling Bobby M to go screw himself? Wow. That's pretty special.

Well, I do have to say that if this is a legit new user and his first post, that certainly wasn't a very nice welcome to the community. People come here to ask for help and opinions on new stuff all the time and normally get sound advice and helpful answers. Even if he is someone looking to promote the product, I don't understand the problem since there are plenty of other vendors on here doing the same thing. Am I missing something?

If he is a vendor, attempting to hide a promotion rather than stating he has a new product is annoying. Vendor or new user, his attitude is pretty bad.

Back