Pilot Burners/Ignition Options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prkspilot

Reaction score
All,

I have 3 BG14 Banjo burners that I am tired of lighting. Are there any moderately priced pilot burners available that would be easy to addd to my existing braided gas lines?

While I am at it, does anyone use the push button ignition sources like you might find on a BBQ grill? My single tier system is still in good ol' manual mode, and I feel like this would be my preference as the wind outside could just blow out a pilot light.

Cheers!

watch the latest episode on homebrewertv.com. He goes through adding an igniter.

All,

I have 3 BG14 Banjo burners that I am tired of lighting. Are there any moderately priced pilot burners available that would be easy to addd to my existing braided gas lines?

While I am at it, does anyone use the push button ignition sources like you might find on a BBQ grill? My single tier system is still in good ol' manual mode, and I feel like this would be my preference as the wind outside could just blow out a pilot light.

Cheers!

If you want to be as safe as possible I would go with a Honeywell VR8200A2124. It is a standing pilot valve with a safety thermocouple that shuts down the valve if pilot or flame is lost. You can find them on ebay for $59.95 (http://cgi.ebay.com/VR8200A2124-HON...704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0f381398). For the $59.95 it includes the propane retrofit kit. They run on 24 VAC so you need a cheap 24 volt transformer and a Q314A586 pilot burner for $22.00 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Honeywell-Pilot...234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335d1c88e2)

Pilot Burner
!CDm8!T!!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!j!E0GWuSRTtBNPJU2i5IQ~~0_12.JPG

Valve
!BlEOiTg!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-CMEs82!7kJoBL,H6(vSrw~~_12.JPG

Latest posts

Back