Rebuilding Cornelius Regulator going from 1-160 psi to 1-60 psi can no t locate parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadeo

Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrewers, I was wondering if you could help me out. I purchased a Co2 regulator on Ebay about 2 months ago and at the time I thought that I got a steal. Well when I got around to assembling my keezer I thought that the gauge was a little weird being it was going 1-160psi and I thought that I would never need that much pressure on a beer setup.

What I would like to do it rebuild the two 1-160 primary regulators so they are 1-60psi. From what I gathered all I would have to do is replace the gauge and the internal spring part #130166. Sounds pretty easy but I'm having a hard time locating the spring.

Has anyone done this and any suggestions would be great. Basically I would like to have two regulators, one to prime and the other to run 4 kegs going through a 4 way manifold.

Also does anyone have a good source for co2 shut off valves and manifolds it seems like everyone is out or they are like $12 each for shut off valves. I just think this simple part should be cheaper.

Thanks for any and all suggestions..

There is noting that's needs to be rebuilt. I have the same gauges. Just replace the gauge with a 0-60 psi one.

There is noting that's needs to be rebuilt. I have the same gauges. Just replace the gauge with a 0-60 psi one.

I was reading on the forums that you will gain better accuracy with the correct spring for the gauge.

183064 Adjusting Spring, Bronze, 160–psi
183020 Adjusting Spring, Silver, 100–psi
130166 Adjusting Spring, Black, 60–psi
315424 Adjusting Spring, Blue, 30–psi

Currently I have the 183064 in both and would like the blue 315424 or the black 130166.

You said that you currently are using the same one and just replaced the gauges. How accurate are you able to dial into, if you wanted to back down one or two psi are you able to?

I just want to get my keezer all set up running correctly the first time.

Thanks again...

Thanks guys for the update on the springs and what I should expect to see from the current springs.

Do you guys know of any place to get cheap 1/4" ball valves, they do not need to be chrome or anything fancy they just have to work.

Thanks again..

Latest posts

Back