QUICK Start!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn514

Reaction score
Brewers...

Yesterday morning, I brewed up a batch of Oatmeal Stout from a Midwest kit including specialty grains. I pitched my rehydrated yeast at about 1145am. I glanced at the setup in my storage area at about 445pm, and it was ALREADY bubbling merrily away! I used Muntons brewing yeast. So, it took less than five hours for healthy fermentation to begin. That's quick!

glenn514:mug:

Yep, healthy yeast at a good temperature can get going real quickly. I brewed an RIS yesterday and pitched at about 3 pm and by 9 pm it was already well underway. :mug:

Checked the activity earlier this morning, and the heavy-duty fermentation has ceased. I took out the blow-off tube and replaced it with a regular airlock. I'll leave the beer in the fermenter until next Wednesday, when I'll transfer it to another Better Bottle, leaving my 6-gallon bottle ready for another batch. And the Oatmeal Stout smelled really, REALLY good!:)

glenn514:mug:

It took under 4 hours for my Rumplestiltskin Double IPA (1.087) to 'take' yesterday! That, even with a suspect starter that didn't really take off as usual.

Latest posts

Back