Whats the best type of mini Fridge to build Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im wanting to build a kegerator and want to know what is the best type of mini fridge to get to hold a 5gal keg. Also want to know how big the fridge should be. Im guessing a 4.4 to 4.9 cu. ft should do. But would like to know your thoughts on size and type of fridges. Wanting to keep my budget on a fridge between 100 to 150!

You want one without a freezer compartment. Also, check Amazon. I went crazy for a few weeks trying to find a good mini-fridge I could convert, then found a killer deal online on a complete kegerator, which immediately ended that search.

Craigslist is tough to find/get good deals, but when you do, they pay off.

Honestly though, it seems like plenty of people have made kegerators out of whatever they can find... it doesn't seem like one size/variety/etc is chosen over another... its all about how much you plan on fitting in there and what suits your situations needs (like are you going to put on a tower on the top or just a tap out the side)

Back