I hate applications...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Deathweed

Reaction score
In case anyone has noticed my absence around here lately, I have been trying to apply for boards lately. Because I have to apply to take the national board exam through both the national board of veterinary medical examiners and the Texas state board, there have been two applications to fill out. One wasn't so bad, but the other....

The first application was easy, only your standard, mildly invasive info. Application fee = $525.

The second application... I have had to dig up every where I have worked, lived, ate, slept, or taken a poo in in the last decade. I had to find documentation of everything I have done in my life from birth to now, including scraping together legal documents from Alaska from a car accident I was involved in a while back. On top of this, there is the application fee. A whopping $50. I guess since I did all the work already they couldn't justify charging more than handling... :rolleyes:

I'll let you guess which was the State application, and which was the National...

Well they are both in, and barring some sort of rejection because I didn't cross a "t" or put a comma between the city and state in the address of that place I passed out in back in '99, it should be all said and done. Nothing to do now, but sit back, enjoy a home brew, and crack open the books for 4 more months of studying.... :mug:

I thought the TWIC app for the government was fun. Do you suffer from mental illness? Are you in the United States illegally?

I was in one of their offices and there was six mexican trying to answer the questions, i think they all put the same answers down. They had a big sign that said app was available in spanish.

Sorry about the applications but that is very exciting that you are so close.

I guess after you are all legal and legitimate we will have to listen to you. :p

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys (and gal :D), and I am excited to be this close to done. Filling out those forms was just annoying as tar because some of the info was ridiculous. Oh well, in less then a year I am going to have to apply for a DEA permit for controlled drugs and I am sure that one will be a doozy as well. I really want to jump on the "legalize everything" band wagon so I don't have to fill out that paperwork :p

Funny government clearances were brought up. I have been interviewed by the secret service 3 times for various peoples security clearance. As bad as mine seemed at the time, I don't think I ever want to go through that application process :D

Back