Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh snap.... that sucks guys, rough season. Here's a big Discount Double Check to next year guys. smiley-middle-finger.gif

So, when do all the Packer fans start saying it's Seattle's fault and if they'd won that game in Seattle they would have blah blah blah?

You should be humble stinky cat, you haven't played yet. Why do you think the bird went dark on us? Karma me thinks ;)

And I can still say it's only been 687 days since the Packers last won the Superbowl. Unless you're from NY, I'm still winning over the rest of you.

Yea, like that :p

You should be humble stinky cat, you haven't played yet. Why do you think the bird went dark on us? Karma me thinks ;)

And I can still say it's only been 687 days since the Packers last won the Superbowl. Unless you're from NY, I'm still winning over the rest of you.

Yea, like that :p

To be un-obnoxiously honest... considering the outlook when the season started, I'm already ecstatic over how the Seahawks have done. If they somehow lost tomorrow, I'd come in here and let the ire rain on me and still celebrate the season. :mug:

But I know they're going to the Superbowl. :D

Why do you think the bird went dark on us? Karma me thinks ;)

Nah, been busy as **** to start the year. At work this morning, trying to get done and home before the Pats plays.

I did get to watch most of the Denver/Baltimore game; WTF? I was screaming at the TV at the end of regulation. I didn't really care who won, but why did Denver sit on the ball at the end of regulation? That's a John Madden-approved™ strategy. You have one of the two best quarterbacks of his generation, some very tall wideouts, thirty seconds to work with, and two timeouts - AND you're at home, in DENVER so you can kick a 50+yard field goal. Playing not to lose, they were. Maybe they would have, if Manning hadn't thrown that dumb-ass pick right before. That was a positively Farve-ian throw, on the move, across his body into double/triple coverage. Hadn't seen Manning throw a pass like that in a long time - it was good to see! We've missed you, Peyton Manning Face!

the_bird said:
Nah, been busy as **** to start the year. At work this morning, trying to get done and home before the Pats plays.

I did get to watch most of the Denver/Baltimore game; WTF? I was screaming at the TV at the end of regulation. I didn't really care who won, but why did Denver sit on the ball at the end of regulation? That's a John Madden-approved™ strategy. You have one of the two best quarterbacks of his generation, some very tall wideouts, thirty seconds to work with, and two timeouts - AND you're at home, in DENVER so you can kick a 50+yard field goal. Playing not to lose, they were. Maybe they would have, if Manning hadn't thrown that dumb-ass pick right before. That was a positively Farve-ian throw, on the move, across his body into double/triple coverage. Hadn't seen Manning throw a pass like that in a long time - it was good to see! We've missed you, Peyton Manning Face!

Was thinking the same thing when they didn't at least try something before OT. All bets are off when it comes to OT so WTF. I was imagining Elway breaking chairs in the luxury box on that call. Stupid.

To be un-obnoxiously honest... considering the outlook when the season started, I'm already ecstatic over how the Seahawks have done. If they somehow lost tomorrow, I'd come in here and let the ire rain on me and still celebrate the season. :mug:

But I know they're going to the Superbowl. :D

Super Bowl, huh? They'll win today for sure. Matty Ice has a perfect playoff record to keep in tact.... it's next week I'd worry about. I think SF's just a bit better. And by bit, I mean $hit tons.

ug, the hangover is worse....

i think the pick-6 was a nightmare in disguise. Especially after the game was already delayed because of OT. The offense was sitting for probably 30-40 minutes longer than they had planned and warmed up for. they didn't get into any kind of rhythm until late. you could tell how exhausted the packers' defense was in the 3rd quarter.

oh well. "decent" season. disappointed. always next year. go 49ers.

side note, when they drew us offsides in the 4th, harbaugh looked almost embarrassed. we played that crappy.

Was thinking the same thing when they didn't at least try something before OT. All bets are off when it comes to OT so WTF. I was imagining Elway breaking chairs in the luxury box on that call. Stupid.

John Fox has always been kind of a ***** when it comes to situations like that. To me, it was just - why have Peyton ****ing Manning on your team if you aren't going to give him the opportunity to win it for you?

EDIT: Wait, they did that at the end of the first half, too? 36 seconds, three timeouts, they took a knee? I missed that part of the game. WTF?

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Super Bowl, huh? They'll win today for sure. Matty Ice has a perfect playoff record to keep in tact.... it's next week I'd worry about. I think SF's just a bit better. And by bit, I mean $hit tons.

That the same Sf thats scored 13 against the Hawks twice?

But we gotta win this first then ill get on the niners

That the same Sf thats scored 13 against the Hawks twice?

But we gotta win this first then ill get on the niners

It shows when they lose 42-13. That's WAY better. LOL

Don't get too far ahead of yourselves guys.... gotta win a tough game today, Matty Ice jokes aside. Remember, revenge is a dish best served cold, and at home, and by a team that, on paper, should be even tougher than today's opponent.

ug, the hangover is worse....

i think the pick-6 was a nightmare in disguise. Especially after the game was already delayed because of OT. The offense was sitting for probably 30-40 minutes longer than they had planned and warmed up for. they didn't get into any kind of rhythm until late. you could tell how exhausted the packers' defense was in the 3rd quarter.

oh well. "decent" season. disappointed. always next year. go 49ers.

side note, when they drew us offsides in the 4th, harbaugh looked almost embarrassed. we played that crappy.

In the words of one Packer fan I know, and I quote, "We got our $hit pushed in". I'd say so, that "much improved" defense forgot to show up for kickoff, special teams looked like a pee wee squad and for once it wasn't Mason Cosby's fault. I think the only time the announcers mentioned Matthews was to point out that they hadn't had a need to call his name all night. Figured last week was a fluke, but man, they got exposed big time last night. Takes more than a good QB and one good linebacker to make a good team.

i'm drowning my sorrows in good ol' fashioned wisconsin pork fat.

fresh polish from European Homemade Sausage:
www.eurosausge.com

Dreikornbrot from a local bakery:
http://www.boulangeriedumonde.com/

kraut simmered with caraway and paprika, sauteed onions, horseradish, and 3 different mustards (horseradish mustard, whole grain, and dijon).

all is well again.

photo.jpg

i'm drowning my sorrows in good ol' fashioned wisconsin pork fat.

fresh polish from European Homemade Sausage:
www.eurosausge.com

Dreikornbrot from a local bakery:
http://www.boulangeriedumonde.com/

kraut simmered with caraway and paprika, sauteed onions, horseradish, and 3 different mustards (horseradish mustard, whole grain, and dijon).

all is well again.

You always feel better with a li'l sausage in ya, huh? :D

Back