mash/ferment temp for ESB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I could go through 9 gallons of brew in under a month. I have one to three pints a night (most nights, although there are days when I don't have any). Even when I'm giving brew to others (mom mostly, she loves my IPA's and pale ales) I don't go through it that fast.

At least you can brew enough to keep a decent flow of beer going. I normally try to brew every 2-4 weeks. Sometimes more often, sometimes less often. Depends on what else is going on.

Well I've also been bottling-off beer from keg, bottle conditioning some, etc. So my recent numbers aren't as spot-on as that. I have about a case still conditioning and 9g that's cold-crashing/conditioning because of acetaldehyde-like flavors (I think, though I'm getting so paranoid about the apple taste that I swear I taste it in every beer I've brewed, then the next day I don't...).

So right now I have about 20 gallons on-hand, over half of which is drinkable, though some of it not cold.

I have two [beer] fermenters that need to have their contents moved to serving kegs, so that will be 12 gallons kegged there. Got another ~7 gallons in primary (barleywine) that has an unknown amount of time still to go. Also have about 15-16 gallons of meads in vessel that some of which could be bottled (want to do the maple first). I also have two 25L kegs with bigger brews that have been aging on wood (about 6 gallons in each) that need to be transferred to serving keg, carbonated, tried and the decide if they're going to bottle or not. Plus I have about 12 gallons (four 3 gallon kegs) of beer waiting for a spot to open up in my brew fridge.

I usually 'step up' my drinking as I'm getting closer to when a batch needs to go to keg, and I don't have enough empty kegs on hand. If I'm not going to be able to drain the keg(s) in time, then I simply have to get more kegs. :rockin:

Forgot to mention the ~4 gallons of mead I started in October too. Planning on making a few more batches this year, that should be ready by the end of next year, or at least the following summer time. :D

That's where I am...wife not going to love the idea of me buying more kegs and fermenters, but that's where things need to head...

Latest posts

Back