Austin Homebrew kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernie3

Reaction score
I just recieved two Extract kits w/specialty grains in the mail from Austin Homebrew, my first order from them. I had planned on brewing this Sunday, but now my plans have changed and I will not be able to.:(

Does anyone know how long these kits are good for?? Maybe Forrest will chime in here too. I am used to the local HBS boxed kits with expiration dates....I know from what I have read here that Austins kits are put together as they are ordered....Which I really like.

Do you think I am OK for a couple of weeks???? The only thing that had a date on it was the yeast, which is good till' January.

Thanks Guys...:mug:

with the grains pre-crushed toss em in the fridge for up to 2 wks.
the yeast is good in the fridge for 4months after production date if liquid or 1yr if dry.
lme or dme just needs to be kept in a stable enviroment.

i've made big purchases from them and kept kits and individual ingredinets for up to a couple months and had great success. I have about 6 lbs of crushed grains in the freezer, and 3 buckets of LME that i ordered beginning of october. Will finish brewing with them in about 3 weeks.

Thanks Guys..How about the LME?? Does that need to be refridgerated too??

Back