Need Help with Ferm Chamber Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_B_Mongo

Reaction score
I just got a free upright freezer that I would like to turn into a fermentation chamber. I plan on using temp controller (still trying to pick which one) and wiring it for a heater too. I also plan on getting a SS conical to put in it.

My problem is, the freezer has tubing running under the three shelves. This tubing is obviously connected to the compressor to keep the thing cold. I need to take out the shelves so I'll be able to get the conical in there. Taking the shelves out will be easy, but, I'll have to bend the tubing out of the way. I'm concerned because I know that if I kink the tubing the whole thing is shot.

Anybody have suggestions???

Several people have built these, do a search, you'll have to plow through them, but any question you have will be answered. Also, some of the freezer shelves separate from the coils, and some don't. Either way, if you kink the coils, 99% of the time, you're toast. Luck- Dwain

Back