Gainesville, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my girlfriends engine kicked the bucket today so we won't be going out of town ... I'm down for hanging out this Monday night if everyone wants to get together.

Sweet! Wait ... I mean 'sorry about the car'...

Monday works for me. Does anybody actually need to brew Monday night? I'm waiting til I get my no-chill vessel delivered before I brew again. If no body needs to brew, we can just drink 5 gal or so. You know, to clear up the bottle/keg space.

Going to brew tonight. It's cooling off and it's time for some stouts. I'm doing Jamil's American Stout recipe no sparge - no chill. Might keg the Graff tonight.

Everybody good for Monday? I got another guy, who's a great brewer, probably coming as well. I'm working at the shop today, I'll either take my SMaSH IPA or Brown Ale (that turned out a little too roasty) up there.

I'm good for monday. I may bring my brewbuddy, depends how his studying is going. since I don't have any homebrew, I feel like I should still contribute with like a 6 pack or something. any preferences?

You guys just want to meet at my place? I live in The Gardens on Tower Road.

Select all the text in my post.

My phone number is 662.422.1928

Wanna say around 7 pm then? I get off at 6 pm.

Man, slow day at the shop. Barron's already got the ESB kegged that we brewed last weekend. Flat, but it's surprisingly good. He might stop by tomorrow.

7pm works for me. Chris, either PM us all your address, or post it here, unless you're scared that some big bad internet molester will use it to track you down. Remember, THERE'S NOT REALLY CANDY AND PUPPIES IN THE VAN.

Ok, sent ghpeel and elmetal my address. Talked to ldgenius2000 earlier today. If anyone else wants to join send me a pm or my phone number is listed above.

what do you guys think would blend well with the northern brewer hops for me to dry hop one of my ****ty beers? it's just bitter. I feel like my late additions (20 mins and flameout) added absolutely no aroma or flavor. Im thinking of dryhopping it since it's gonna sit at least a couple of weeks without me touching it.

anything that hoggetowne has in leaf would be great!

how about the new citra hop? I just stuck my face in the bag about an hour ago. We just got them in today and they smell amazing.

or ... more Northern Brewer !!!!

they smell ... fruity. definately different. I want to do a Citra SMaSH but these things come in at 11 AA. Maybe just some in FWH then some late and dry additions. They are leaf, which I hate.

Me too. Leaf sucks. But I like it more for dry hopping, seems more legit.

I added cascade leaf to the tea ball thing in my keg. I don't care much for cascade but I felt it had NO hop flavor or aroma so :/

also I bought 14 gallons of publix drinking water!

I need a burner soon. I gotta brew in a couple of weeks and I'm ready for all grain! I may buy a sq14. What do you think chris?Didn't seem like Barron was too into making burners

btw how do you adjust for FWH Chris? do you do 10% 60 min boil or do you do under adjust?

also, does anyone know the grainbill or hop schedule for that imperial that barron brought over? it was 9.5% he said but it was absolutely fantastic and I could not tell the alcohol

hmm.... I wanna go home and drink now. I'm working overnight, this sucks.

I need a burner soon. I gotta brew in a couple of weeks and I'm ready for all grain! I may buy a sq14. What do you think chris?Didn't seem like Barron was too into making burners

I'll mention it to him again. He's said several times that he wanted to keep a few around. If anyone wants to borrow mine anytime just let me know.

btw how do you adjust for FWH Chris? do you do 10% 60 min boil or do you do under adjust?

also, does anyone know the grainbill or hop schedule for that imperial that barron brought over? it was 9.5% he said but it was absolutely fantastic and I could not tell the alcohol

I just set my FWH to calculate as a 30 minute addition in beersmith. I did an all FWH IPA with only Columbus. It was something else. Very mellow bitterness. Flavor really comes through as well. I would dry hop it or add a late addition for aroma, though.

I can ask and see if he remembers the grain bill. You'd think he would seeing how the beer was probably under the flame a week and a half ago.

whenever. I'll be at the shop all day tomorrow. I might end up brewing Sunday. Want to do a smash with the new Citra hop. It smells soooo good. Guys are more than welcome to hang at the shop or when/if I brew.

alright for sure. let me know!

I want to brew an IPA or an IIPA because I have WAY too much hops. but all my fermenters are taken up right now since I need to keep my bottling bucket clear to bottle a batch when it's done.

alright for sure. let me know!

I want to brew an IPA or an IIPA because I have WAY too much hops. but all my fermenters are taken up right now since I need to keep my bottling bucket clear to bottle a batch when it's done.

I have two empty better bottles and a ton of empty buckets laying around if you've got the itch.

I'm completely out of CO2, so all my beer might be flat like Barron's.

lol. I got a 5 pounder here if you wanna just charge up the kegs.

I'm not itching that bad yet. I am gonna try to build a coller and a nice top with a tap box for my freezer sunday. if I add brewing to the equation it'll never happen. next week I need to brew though. definitely.

lol. I got a 5 pounder here if you wanna just charge up the kegs.

I'm not itching that bad yet. I am gonna try to build a coller and a nice top with a tap box for my freezer sunday. if I add brewing to the equation it'll never happen. next week I need to brew though. definitely.

well, I would let you use what caulk I had left, but I used it all on my collar.

:D

well, I would let you use what caulk I had left, but I used it all on my collar.

:D

it's all good! hopefully it won't take me ALL day.

I want t put on a 6-8 inch collar (gotta measure today) and then put a nice thick wood top and wood panels on the side to make it looks like a bartop. it's going to be an interesting experiment. but anyway yeah I don't think tomorrow works for me.

next time though!

Looks like I'm going to brew tomorrow.

What did you end up brewing? Also, I'm cool with kicking the brew club thing back up again and getting a regular meeting going. Now that a couple of us are getting into No-chill, its possible for us to brew up 2-3 batches together at the same time and have people just take their no-chill vessels back home to pitch yeast.

What did you end up brewing? Also, I'm cool with kicking the brew club thing back up again and getting a regular meeting going. Now that a couple of us are getting into No-chill, its possible for us to brew up 2-3 batches together at the same time and have people just take their no-chill vessels back home to pitch yeast.

I did an all Citra IPA. No Sparge, No Chill.

I like the idea of a big No Chill brew day.

I did an all Citra IPA. No Sparge, No Chill.

I like the idea of a big No Chill brew day.

So, I want to make an imperial ipa with a ton of hops. I have a lot of hops I need to use up.

What's your suggestion? Also, I built a collar and I'm working on a top and taps.

I have 8 lbs of 2row us I need to use so something incorporating that would be preferrable...

When I finish this keezer build (hopefully within 2-3 weeks) I'll have yall over for a test run!

So, I want to make an imperial ipa with a ton of hops. I have a lot of hops I need to use up.

What's your suggestion? Also, I built a collar and I'm working on a top and taps.

I have 8 lbs of 2row us I need to use so something incorporating that would be preferrable...

When I finish this keezer build (hopefully within 2-3 weeks) I'll have yall over for a test run!

We could use up all the 2 Row (plus some to reach your gravity), and a crystal malt or two but just a touch since it's Imperial and you want it to attenuate down. Plus some corn sugar to dry it out, this will also help with the gravity. I'm at work right now and don't have beersmith here. I can punch in some stuff when I get home. Then come by the shop when I'm there and I'll hook you up. I don't have the schedule for this weekend yet. We're talking about throwing a Halloween after party at the shop Saturday night.

What hops do you have? You should do an all Northern Brewer IIPA. :D

I decided to enter that Centennial/Vienna SMaSH into a comp to see how it does. I was drinking on it last night and it's gotten really good. Bottled some up but I'm always weary of how the carbonation holds. I bottled 3 and left one out on the counter over night to warm up. I'm gonna throw it back in tonight and try it when I get home. There's not much of this stuff left. :(

I almost (accidently) made a IIPA yesterday. 1.074 was my OG. 1.075 is the limit on IPAs.

You could make a mask of the cans that canned corn come in. That would be SWEET.

I'll be the Hot Side Aeration monster!

Hahaha

I will also be out of town so that kinda sucks.

I have: cascade, hallertau, centennial, magnum, fuggles uk, willamette chinook and galena.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-project-143561/

didn't take pictures at the end of the night, but now I just need to put the molding aroun dthe bartop and then stain and polyurethane. oh yeah., then a tapbox.

it looks good though, I think I'm gonna go with a deep mahogany...
also what one of my hops should I use? I just obught Galena because I've always heard people talk about it online and figured for 10 bucks I can try a whole pound of em so I bought it.

I love centennial, but maybe you have a better idea... maybe chinook? I dont know...

a fuggles ipa? I already have 2 british beers in kegs/abouttobeinkegs... I'm thinking of straying from the ekg/fuggles/goldings for a couple of brews at least.

how well do you think centennial and chinook work? because if it's anything like that Imperial IPA that Barron brought over I'm sold.

Latest posts

Back