larger bottle clearer beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milracing

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm into my 3rd batch of symbo slayer, which is outstanding in my opinion. This time I did a 15 gal batch, using a sanke mash tun sanke kettle and a sanke fermenter. Managed to mash it all at once but had to do two boils. I mixed all the runnings up so the boils were all of the same wort. It worked great. Came out great.
So I've been trying to move more towards 22oz bomber bottles but still have some 12oz as well. This batch is bottled in both types. I've noted that in the larger bottles the beer seems noticably clearer. Pretty damn clear considering the it has wheat in it. Is this something that anybody else has experenced?
Thanks!

clearer after the pour, or clearer when the bottle is held up to the light?

If it's after the pour, I'd guess that the 22s are just keeping the sediment at the bottom of the bottle better. :confused:

IMO The best bottle size is equal to the glass you are using. One pour per bottle = perfection.

I Use Litre bottles because I'm a whore. :(

Whoreish here as well.... I'm fond of the bombers :)
Yep clearer in the glass.

you could always throw some flour in with the boil so it doesnt clear...Biermuncher did that with another belgian and it looked great. I loved the idea (only a few tbsp)

Back