Champagne Yeast And Hefeweizen ale yeast non beer uses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jg12333

Reaction score
So i Bought a huge order from midwest and i picked up, among several other things two extra packets of White Labs Hefeweizen Ale Yeast WL300 & WL715 White Labs Champagne Yeast WLP715, And after reading a reciepe for Apple Bee, Caramel 10L Briess and Chocolate Malt 325-375L Briess malting..
I've been thinking about makeing something different then beer like mead, cider or possibly an apfelwein.
So thats what i got extra on hand to work with. Im Just really not that sure what difffernt yeast contribute the desired charastics in these different styles.Any suggestions for reciepes and information would be greatly appreciated as i've just starting to learn the art.

The best thing I can come up with is to take 5 gallons of apple juice, 2# corn sugar, and pitch that WLP715. Shake it like it owes you money, then let it ferment for a month or ten.

Really though, I have no idea what you're asking with this thread. :drunk:

I have personally used some washed Wyeast 3068 (same as WLP300) to ferment a batch of cider and I found the results to be awesome. It doesn't dry out all the way (finished around 1.007), and you actually get some of the spicy character of the yeast strain in the final product. Very good.

Sorry i wasn't clear but yeah i was wondering what kind of coder or meads those yeast would make i would perfer something sweeter then dry but what ever i could make will do.

Back