Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Got all the fittings connected in the 5 gal Rubbermaid mash/turn with the Kewler kit. 1/2 inch fittings are nice in the way that you can open the ball valve and it does not move much on the cooler (wiggle around). It is leaking though, but not at the fitting/cooler junction. Its leaking at the brass/brass junction. I am assuming I want to use something that is not permament so I can disassemble it and clean it. What would you guys use?

Michael_Schaap said:
Got all the fittings connected in the 5 gal Rubbermaid mash/turn with the Kewler kit. 1/2 inch fittings are nice in the way that you can open the ball valve and it does not move much on the cooler (wiggle around). It is leaking though, but not at the fitting/cooler junction. Its leaking at the brass/brass junction. I am assuming I want to use something that is not permament so I can disassemble it and clean it. What would you guys use?

Are the 2 brass pieces threaded together? If so, teflon tape might do the trick.

neoprene (sp?) washers did the trick for me, just dont over tighten them or they still leak and you about have a stroke while trying to figure out why

Pumbaa said:
neoprene (sp?) washers did the trick for me, just dont over tighten them or they still leak and you about have a stroke while trying to figure out why

Where did you find the neoprene washers?

What does the saying under your avatar mean?

I got the washers ar Home Depot and yes Po Mo Thoin is Kiss My ass. I think other variations on it that are just as correct are Pouge Ma Thoin, and Pogue Mahone

Galeic is actually like 7 different languages IIRC but they all share a common heritage being of Celtic origin. I'm not a Celtic schollar but maybe some of our Irish friends could help out here . . . but I think it's Ireland, Scotland, Isle of Mann, Wales, Galicia, Brittany, Cornwall are the nations that Galeic is from

Back