buying pin lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
Some one local to me is selling pin lock corny kegs, and he said that they need new o rings for the in and outs.

I have no connectors or anything is there a reason not to buy these and just make my setup for pin lock instead of ball lock. I know ball lock is more comman, but is pin lock hard to find parts or kegs?

Ball lock kegs are much more common, but pin locks work fine. You should have no problem finding fittings for them, either. I have a couple pin lock kegs that I use fairly often.

The only real difference is the shape. Pin lock kegs are shorter and have a slightly wider diameter. If you are very sensitive about the footprint size, you might want to stick with ball lock. Otherwise, go for it.

TL

I knew they were bigger in diameter, thats why I must test fit them in my small keezer first, but thanks for the advice

Back