Check out what I just picked up..!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been researching golf carts like crazy this summer and had almost settled on finding a good used cart to fix up when I stumbled upon this bad boy for sale. I am still learning everything about it, so forgive me if I stumble on answering any questions - however, I will let it speak for itself. It is entirely custom with a 20+ HP Honda v-twin engine.. What do you guys think??

cart1.jpg

cart2.jpg

cart3.jpg

cart4.jpg

A roll bar is definitely being considered.. I am also going to take these off-road tires off for a more all-terrain tread here in the next few days. It has been a blast so far!

Do you intend on putting tags on it? LSV tags would allow you to drive it around non highway roads. http://dps.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,5635600_6640623_129906669,00.html

MC

That is the plan! However, I am going to have to do something to it if they inspect it though - it will do an easy 45 mph..

It already has amber flashers, head and brake lights. I've already talked to my insurance agent about getting some insurance on it - just need to follow up. Oh, and I'll put some all-terrain tires on it instead of these monsters..

What do you know about the suspension and tires? Me and my cousin are fixing to do work on our cart. Looking at just cheap atv tires and a full suspension build.

Those are 27" tires under it now on 14" wheels. I am in the process of taking them off and replacing with 26" all-terrain tires right now - looking for replacement wheels so I can hot swap between them.

The front lift is partially Jake's long-travel suspension lift but not much, most was fabricated as it has a 12" lift. This thing is a beast. Here are some pics from during the fabrication process.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

What do you know about the suspension and tires? Me and my cousin are fixing to do work on our cart. Looking at just cheap atv tires and a full suspension build.

"Fixing to"

If theres anything cooler than a jacked up golf cart it has to be southerners talking about them:rockin:

Bedlam - we were creeping on pert near level ground when I had my boys on it.. but I do understand the concern.

nyer - I guess I'm southern (hence the "pert near") - I didn't think twice about the "fixing to" other than the spelling.. every good Southerner knows it's just "fixin to"..

bless helmets. Kids need to learn to live and you can't live if you are scared of falling off a golf cart.

If they were doing tricks and jumping the Grand Canyon on a dirt bike, MAYBE. But only maybe.

Post more pics of the blond.

If you are going off roading etc, I would definitely consider a roll bar and helmets......specially when you are a kid....balls of steal, don't think twice and hit the gas....but enjoy it, looks like a fun vehicle.

Makes me miss my POS Jeep i used to offroad in.

My kids will only be passengers.. and only under very easy going conditions. This thing is a beast (for a golf cart). A roll bar will actually add to the looks plus integrate a back seat - it will add some level of perceived safety but I dunno.. if this thing rolls, I might wanna jump clear of it rather than be trapped in it by a cage.

What's funny is "the blonde" was completely tore up from the night before in that pic.. she hadn't even hit hungover yet. lol. I'll see if I can get a few action shots with her on it. ;-)

Oh, and I'm already looking for new rims for it - looking at options from the original like these:

rims.jpg

Back