Tony's Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That growler pressurizer attachment is pure genius! Seriously man, great job! :mug:

Are you planning to mount the CO2 tank anywhere on the keezer? I had considered going with an external tank on mine, but I couldn't come up with a way to mount it that doesn't look like a fire extinguisher hanging off the side! :D

Are you planning to mount the CO2 tank anywhere on the keezer? I had considered going with an external tank on mine, but I couldn't come up with a way to mount it that doesn't look like a fire extinguisher hanging off the side! :D

That is a to be designed item. It's larger than I can hide behind and still be close to the wall. Now using an actual fire extinguisher cabinet might be cool. :)

That is a to be designed item. It's larger than I can hide behind and still be close to the wall. Now using an actual fire extinguisher cabinet might be cool. :)

Next someone will just mount their taps in a fire extinguisher cabinet....

In case of emergency, HAVE A HOMEBREW!!! :D

What height off the top did you put your taps?

Juic,

Here are three measurements for you...

From wooden top (yet to add tile) to tap centerline 13 3/16"

From Drip Tray to tap centerline 12 5/16"

From Drip Tray to faucet bottom 10 3/4". This is where I feel a pitcher needs to be able to fit, which it does comfortably.

The only thing that I draft into that doesn't fit under the taps is a growler, but you would never draft into one of those sitting flat on the drip tray. I use the growler filler hose attachment for this.

Also, the front tap board is partial and will be covered by a 6" tall fascia board. This leaves room for accent lighting. Which Costco is selling! What are the odds. Maybe installing the lighting will be my next update.

Cheers!

The tap spacing post (#11) back a few pages here.

Bumping an old thread. How is this bar coming along? Really awesome ideas in this build!

Since this is a stand alone Keezer, I'm using a preasurized Corney Keg for my water supply. The Rinser documentation mentions that a standard water line can be used (~30psi), in reality it works great being pushed by a 14psi line. I'm very impressed with the spray pattern, and the flow rate. I expect that at 30psi the orafice size and viscosity of water would simply reduce the flow rate near to what I'm getting. Again, it is quite adiquate.

View attachment 64608
Have you found that as the water sits on pressure and fully carbonates that the carbonated water coming out still rinses/sprays well?

Have you found that as the water sits on pressure and fully carbonates that the carbonated water coming out still rinses/sprays well?

Yes, I'm very happy with both the rinser and carbonated water on tap. I don't run either it at any different pressure (~11psi @ 37F = ~2.5Vols) than my kegs.They both run off the same corny and I use a simple tee to split them. The rinser has plenty of spray and does exactly what is expected. If you would like to see a short video of the setup, let me know.

Tony

Yes, I'm very happy with both the rinser and carbonated water on tap. I don't run either it at any different pressure (~11psi @ 37F = ~2.5Vols) than my kegs.They both run off the same corny and I use a simple tee to split them. The rinser has plenty of spray and does exactly what is expected. If you would like to see a short video of the setup, let me know.

Tony
Yeah, a video would be great if it's not too much trouble. If I was okay with 1 less beer on tap, I'd be all over this, but I may still find a way to incorporate a rinser outside of my keezer... or do the more obvious thing and build a bigger keezer!

Ask and you will receive! I went ahead and made my first ever YouTube video. This is an overview and display of how my rinser and soda water tap are working for me.

No audio at this time, but you'll easily get the picture. I'm happy to answer questions, maybe they will be incorporated into the audio version.

Don't forget to Like it!!
Cheers!

Tony

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tyi5s_-9sQ"][YOUTUBE]-tyi5s_-9sQ[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

Read several places about those bottle washers require being turned off after use. What have your experiences been? What did you end up using as your drain bucket?

Ask and you will receive! I went ahead and made my first ever YouTube video. This is an overview and display of how my rinser and soda water tap are working for me.

No audio at this time, but you'll easily get the picture. I'm happy to answer questions, maybe they will be incorporated into the audio version.

Don't forget to Like it!!
Cheers!

Tony

[YOUTUBE]-tyi5s_-9sQ[/YOUTUBE]

I am looking to build in a glass rinser in my bar and was planning on hooking it up to a keg. I couldn't find anything on the internet on how to do this, but then stumbled on your video. Would you be willing to go into more depth on how to connect the glass rinser to a corny keg?

Thank you!

Back