Under Boiled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewFrisco

Reaction score
So I knew this would happen - my propane tank ran out before the boil completed. The boil only lasted for 30-35 min. When I realized the boil had stopped - I threw in my last hop addition (5 min) and threw the wort chiller in.

Cooled it all down.

I am making a Blonde Ale so I cannot imagine that this will have any significant impact? I realize 60 min is idea but what else can happen in a situation like this?

Your hop bitterness will be less than you expected which may throw off the flavor balance of your beer, meaning it may be sweeter than expected... other than that, you'll still get beer...

Did you taste it before pitching your yeast?

You can still add bitterness by making a 1 or 2 quart wort and boil it with the same bittering hops... then pitch a little bit of yeast to the wort and when you are at high Krausen, add the whole thing to your batch of beer... you have to time this so that you pitch the hopped wort 1 or 2 days before fermentation is complete...

Back