Anything wrong with this Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwheelz

Reaction score
Hey all!

Fortunately/unfortunately (however you choose to see it) I have more money than time available to me at the moment and am not much on DIY projects. I'm looking at purchasing this to get me started into Kegging.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=186

My question is, is there anything obviously wrong with this set up? Anything I'm going to regret if I get this? I'm looking to get the upgrade to SS faucets and drip tray.

The only thing that caught my eye was the 5lb CO2. I think I would've preferred the 10lb. You think I can upgrade to a larger tank with that set up and how long will a 5lb tank last? I don't want to be refilling tanks every week. Thanks for any input!

EDIT: Reposted from Bottle/kegging thread...not too much traffic over there :mug:

A five pound tank is pretty standard for a keggerator. It will last you months under normal use. If your a brewing fool....maybe a little less. I can fit a 10 pounder in my small kegger but is a little tight. But if you got the cash for the upgrade you wont regret having the extra volume.

Hmm....good call. It doesnt say what type fridge. These are the only details it provides.

"This Kegerator comes with everything you need for dispensing Cornelius/Firestone style homebrew kegs (including two kegs). Can also dispense full size Standard 1/2 barral kegs with optional Tap(coupler) Features a STAINLESS STEEL TOWER (many Kegerator manufactures use ABS Plastic or Chrome)with dual faucets, 2 Cornelius/Firestone 5 gallon kegs. 5 LB Aluminum CO2 bottle, Dual Gauge US made Regulator, Faucets, Handles, Drip Tray...basically everything you need for a complete kegerator.We have the Kegerator fridge drop shipped you your door via UPS, It has drip tray, CO2 Rack, Guard Rail and 4 Heavy Duty Casters (yes, it rolls) .This fridge has a pre-drilled hole for your beer lines, but you must drill holes to attach tower (standard 1/4 drill bit) and put in bolts to hold tower down. This is easy to do. Very well made kegerater with first class componants. Shipped UPS or available for pickup in San Marcos, TX"

A lot of the kegerators are made by Danby and by Haier. They get pretty mixed reviews on their quality.

My question is where are you going to keep it? It only takes a couple minutes to drill a hole into a regular fridge door. So if you get a cheap (or free) fridge, you can put that $700 toward better faucets, bigger co2 tank... maybe even a stout faucet/nitrogen tank.

My question is where are you going to keep it? It only takes a couple minutes to drill a hole into a regular fridge door. So if you get a cheap (or free) fridge, you can put that $700 toward better faucets, bigger co2 tank... maybe even a stout faucet/nitrogen tank.

It you have the space do this. Bigger is better (unless you plan on keeping this in your living room)! Find a free or cheap fridge on Craigslist or even get a new fridge from Sears for around $350-$400 and still have plenty left over for a fridge conversion kit/faucets.

Back