Creative Ways to Serve at Party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I'm having a New Years Party and I'll have at least two cornies of home brew to serve to the guests. I'm wondering if people can post pictures and ideas of creative ways to serve this instead of just a corny sitting in a bucket of ice. I know I've seen pictures before of creative things people have put together.

Any suggestions?

I haven't done it, but there is a thread or two around here (sorry, gonna have to search for it) on people who've done

Square coolers with the lid cut out to fit around the corny.
Rolling Garbage can kegerators.
Jockey boxes of all makes and sizes.

This is my travel setup. It fits my 3G corny with the lid pushed all the way down. You do something along these lines with a larger cooler. This thread has some good ideads as well.
Photo0388.jpg

My only advice would be to commandeer the sink. That kegs deserves respect! (and no sweating on the floor, easy ice drainage, etc...)

SDC10375.jpg

My only advice would be to commandeer the sink. That kegs deserves respect! (and no sweating on the floor, easy ice drainage, etc...)

SDC10375.jpg

Nice! I know I can find this info somewhere else, but how do you throw the tap on the corny like that and is that a paintball CO2?

I like that setup. What equipment do I need to make that happen?

Will 1 of those little CO2 cartridges be enough to pour an entire corny keg full? I'm sure it isn't but I'm wondering how many times you'd have to change it during a party.

EDIT: Just read a description on another site and realized it will take 2 or 3 to empty 5 gallons. Maybe this is more trouble than just using my tank? I like the idea of not having the tank around for people to knock over though. :)

So are there ever pouring problems with that setup? I'm really considering ordering all of this before my party but I'm wondering how the pour is with no lines involved?

If you don't let people play with the charger, it works great! The idea is to pour until it won't pour anymore, then give it a shot. You only need enough co2 in there to push the beer, so it's not much.

In my case, I had some drunks who wanted to mess with the charger and I had to cover that part of the setup. That's why I built (with lschiavo's help) a trashcan kegerator. There is nothing they can mess with!

No problems pouring without lines and it takes, as mentioned, 2-4 cartridges. I love it and I wish I had more occasions to take kegs to!

Will 1 of those little CO2 cartridges be enough to pour an entire corny keg full? I'm sure it isn't but I'm wondering how many times you'd have to change it during a party.

EDIT: Just read a description on another site and realized it will take 2 or 3 to empty 5 gallons. Maybe this is more trouble than just using my tank? I like the idea of not having the tank around for people to knock over though. :)

Those cartridges take a whopping 5 seconds to change out. It's really not a big deal. I used 2 to dispense a 3G keg and when the keg was empty, the 2nd cartridge still had plenty of air. I unfortunately was drunk and broke the charger once the keg was empty. I got 1 use out of it, but will replace it in the spring when it's time for traveling with beer again :D It's just too handy with how portable it is.

This picture was taken when it was still sticky from last New Years:

PDR_0185_2_.jpg

It will have Czech Pilsner and Amber Ale in it this New Years.

:mug:

do what I did. build yourself a jokey box. Each of the 4 taps has 25ft of (IIRC) 1/4" Copper tube. just fill the box with ice and the beer comes out ice cold. no need to chill the keg at all. I use this in the desert all the time

DSCN0787.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

Back