Need help with a recipe please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwaite

Reaction score
My wife and I would like to start a gingerbread wine for next Christmas. We cant seem to find any thing on line for on ... even looked on Jack Keller. Any links or recipe ideas would be great. Thank you!

I have never come across a recipe for gingerbread wine, but if you look at the ingredients of gingerbread (Mary Ball Washington's 1784 recipe is awesome) you could build the wine/mead....honey, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, orange juice, sweet orange peel, raisins. Plus molasses in gingerbread, though I have not fermented molasses so I am not sure on that, maybe caramelize some of the honey and brown sugar? The biggest issue is the fact there is so much complexity from the spices BUT I think it could be done. I am thinking you could look at the recipe for Cuties Spice Mead (mead section) and possibly build on that. Your inquiry almost makes me want to try my hand at making this. Hopefully someone can contribute, but you definitely want to get this started ASAP if you want it for Christmas 2013.

Thank you :) . I had an idea to just get some gingerbread tea and brew if from that but we kinda want to do it from scratch.

Back