San Diego Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trek87654

Reaction score
Anyone from the San Diego area??

I'm a new brewer and interested in joining or starting a brew club. It would be great to learn from each other, go on some brewery tours, maybe some mini brew contests, etc...

If you're in San Diego and haven't done it already, tour the Stone brewery. I am planning a trip to California next summer and I'm reserving a day just for the tour.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find a few brewers in your area. There are a few on here I'm sure.

:mug:

Yeah! I went just yesterday: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=35634

You should go to Lost Abbey that day too, it is really close by and the folks over there are really nice. Actually, you might go to Lost Abbey first, all the hops at Stone will kill your ability to taste anything:cross:

I know thatQUAFF is in San Diego. I would probably be very intimidated there :eek: but that's me.

Originally posted by Beeriffic
You should go to Lost Abbey that day too, it is really close by and the folks over there are really nice. Actually, you might go to Lost Abbey first, all the hops at Stone will kill your ability to taste anything

It's interesting that Lost Abbey is actually located in Stone's former brewery. It's amazing how much larger the new brewery is. I first visited Stone when it was in the Lost Abbey location about a year and a half ago. I then went over to the new location as it was still being built. Great pics Beerrific. The brewhouse was up and running when I was there but they certainly did not that that many fermentors installed yet.

If you get a chance, be sure and check out Green Flash, Alesmith and Ballast Point. For great beer bars, I like O'Brien's, The Live Wire and The Liar's Club.

Edit: Sorry trek87654. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. :eek:

Here are some clubs I found on the AHA web site. You can also click on the link and look for some more if you like. :mug:
http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/listings.asp

Barley Literates Homebrew Club ID #: 000148015
PO Box 462972
San Diego, CA 92027 USA
760 741 1122
[email protected]
www.barleyliterate.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foam on the Brain ID #: 000152553

San Diego, CA 92117 USA

[email protected]
www.geocities.com/fotb1234
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I am a new member who is just starting to dable in beer making! I would like to do a mash and full grain! So I am hoping to get some pointers from you guys!

Regards

From the Land of Down Under!!!

Ivan

Thanks all,
I am actually planning on going to Stone Brewery this coming weekend and now i'll look into Lost Abbey too! Ballast Point Brewery is where I actually bought my brew kit, they opperate with a little store called Home Brew Mart, you can order from them online too I believe.

Hey Jeff it’s Steven from San Diego let’s hit up Stone sometime!

Back