Founders Breakfast Stout banned in NH, uggh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlieNH

Reaction score
I love my state for having a $0 excise tax on alcohol and great beer, liquor and wine prices, but the liquor commission has banned the sale of Founders Breakfast Stout because it has a picture of a baby on the label. I guess it is going to cause all NH babies to become beer drinkers.

founders-breakfast-stout-crop.jpg

-------
(Concord, NH) – Founders Brewing Company started distributing beer to New Hampshire earlier this month, completing the only remaining state in New England that it had not yet opened.

But BeerPulse has learned that there is one beer that Granite State drinkers won’t be seeing, at least in its current form: Founders Breakfast Stout.

Why?

Because the photo of the baby on the label is in violation of current state liquor code.

http://beerpulse.com/2012/08/founders-breakfast-stout-bottles-banned-in-new-hampshire/

It's a f*ckin' creepy looking label. Because of that, I wouldn't even buy the beer. If I don't like the label, I usually pass it by....

Luckily, I have a store 5 minutes over the border in MA where I can buy it. $50 gets taken away from the NH economy and goes to MA.

huh, that sucks. When I read the title of the thread I though they might have banned it due to encouraging breakfast drinking.... :drunk:

I could see this happening in Mass, but I just moved to NH... ahhh! I want to try that out, maybe they can still offer KBS?? I'll talk to my beer shop guys :)

edit; In other news... I changed my location in my profile a few weeks ago and it still says im living in mass?? how long does that take to change???

Wait, it's not a midget with alopecia?

Seriously, though, could be worse... we don't get Founders of any variety out here in Cali.

It's a f*ckin' creepy looking label. Because of that, I wouldn't even buy the beer. If I don't like the label, I usually pass it by....

The label will grow on you. Once you try the beer...you will look for that label every September. I think we should get t-shirts made.

Great beer. Not so great label.

I agree that there is more for others. Some Founders beers are extremely hard to come by. Which reminds me to watch out for this year's Canadian Breakfast Stout. Time to stand in line in freezing temps for 4 hours to get 2 bombers!

retarded. im late to the party. just looking for diff ideas on breakfast stouts...but it turns out that i found a book by the cover post.
:(

No. Because of the label. It says it's aged on fruit.

No thanks.

Some lambics are aged on fruit as well. Buying or passing up a beer based on the picture on the label (as your first post suggested) is like choosing a girlfriend based on a picture of her mother.

Ive been drinking that beer for a long time and never noticed the label LOL! Its funny what some people notice.

Luckily, I have a store 5 minutes over the border in MA where I can buy it. $50 gets taken away from the NH economy and goes to MA.

I never thought I'd hear about someone coming to MA to buy alcohol. Hahaha. We usually drive to your state for liquor!

why put a baby on a beer label? it should be banned

Well it used to be a free country without a bunch of p**sies. Shall we ban free speech cause some talk like idiots. Guilty of that myself at times. No damage at all is done from putting a baby on the bottle/box.

The real problem is yahoos that think they know whats best for everyone else.

a toddler sees a picture of a baby on the label and may think this is something he or she can drink.......

A toddler can see pretty colors on rat poison and think its edible. We can make up hypothetical s all say long. Kids will eat and drink anything. Parenting is really tough I know. People should try it again the world will become a much better place.

PackerfaninSanDiego said:
a toddler sees a picture of a baby on the label and may think this is something he or she can drink.......

Yes, because my toddler can use a bottle opener...

PackerfaninSanDiego said:

That might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
It's a Breakfast Stout. There's a picture of a baby eating breakfast. What's the big deal? Hardly a reason to boycott a beer. The baby isn't drinking beer. And last time I checked my toddler can't open my beer fridge, grab a bottle out, go to the utensil drawer and get the bottle opener and then open the bottle. And if she could, somewhere in that chain of events, my wife or I would notice and stop her.

Seriously? I call troll....Move on PackersFan.

Its just one of the many laws that the geniuses we elect feel they need to enact to keep us safe. What a joke. Kids generally hate the taste and smell of beer.They would be much more likely to taste Moms wines.

Back