Boulevard Double-Wide IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhamilton

Reaction score
Saw this at my local liquor store. $9 for 750ml. Pretty awesome IPA. It's like a more refined DFH 90 and definitely worth the $9.

2011-10-08_17-34-51_740.jpg

I saw it on the shelves the other day, thinking about giving it a try.

I support Boulevard because they are one of my (semi)local breweries but I find most of their beers to be bland. The APA, Wheat, and Singlewide IPA or just kind of boring to me. Most of their smokestack series seem to be belgian beers. The DIPA has been calling my name though, I need to give it a shot!

Definitely try it. I love it. I do agree that most their year-round 12 oz offerings are pretty run of the mill, but the Smokestack series more than makes up for it.

The double dry hopped Double wide is even more amazing, but they don't package it. I was lucky enough to be drinking at a bar they gave a keg for free when I tried it.

Well If I didn't have enough IPA's in my pipe, I'd be cloning it ASAP. Very very good beer IMO but still $9/750ml = $5.60 per pint.

Ditto on the blandness. I have had most of their standard beers and don't buy anything of theirs anymore because they were all substandard. Even the Single Wide IPA wasn't that special to me.

Agreed, I don't usually care for their year-around selection, but I love all of their smokestack series! Double Wide IPA is awesome! My buddy and I buy out The Sixth Glass from every store we find it in. Excellent quad, even after drinking a Rochefort or St Bernardus, I just love the complexity of their Sixth Glass. Plenty of rich caramel and dark fruit flavors, while still having lots of Belgian character!

Shameless bump. Finally popped another one of these last night just to confirm I wasn't too drunk the first time around -- and yes, it is still a damn good IPA.

Definitely give it a chance if you see it.

Have to agree with some of the above comments about their average year round beers, even the seasonal six packs aren't that great I drink ZON (missed out this year, too broke) and Sometimes Bob's 47 (octoberfest) The RIS they have is astounding as is the Saison.

Havent seen the RIS around here. The most my local has is the regular IPA (ok) their ZON (not interested) and Wheat (not interested).

Be more than willing to try the RIS, but my local probably wont have it anytime soon. As far as their concerned Dark = BAAAAAD

I am going to buck the trend here, not a huge fan of the Double Wide, like the single better, just think the malt is the star in the double, not the hops, but that is just my opinion. Same thing for the 471 small batch Lucy You IPA from Breckenridge, good beer, but needs more hops...

Back