Help Finding Parts For Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkman15

Reaction score
Sorry for posting this here, but I haven't gotten any help in the DIY section:

So, I spent a whole day last week driving around my area to various Lowes and Home Depots to get all the fittings for the 10 gal Rubbermaid MLT Conversion project only to discover the whole "lead in brass" issue after the fact.

Done plenty of reading and while it's the consensus that it's safe to use these fittings after soaking them in the vinegar/hydrogen peroxide solution, I still don't trust myself to do that part correctly, so I'm going to buy all SS parts. I've located replacements for everything online except:

- 3/8” male barb adapter (Watts A-294)
- 3/8” female barb adapter (Watts A-298)

Can someone point me in the direction for SS replacements for these?

Appreciate your help

you can get anything you need at bargainfittings.com

I don't have a local hardware superstore that would have these things, so I can't help, but get on phone and call Lowes, Ace, Homedepot, etc.

ps. I don't have a problem with brass, and that argument can go both ways.

I think the brass / lead scare is overblown, personally.

Bargainfittings is a good place to shop. I also buy a lot of SS stuff from Mcmaster-carr online as well. Those guys are super fast. I order something on a Tuesday afternoon and it's on my door stop on Wednesday when I get home from work - no special shipping. I suppose it helps that their HQ is located about 35 miles from my house...

You're not confusing brass with copper are you? I used copper tubing, elbows and "T"s on my manifold build. And even if the barb fitting are brass (Watts are), they're modern and therefore assumably safe to use in your tun.

Back