Which of these fridges should I buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sublime8365

Reaction score
Posted this in DIY but thought it might be better here:

Ok so I just got my first 2 kegs in and I'm excited to keg but need to build a kegerator. Looking to go the mini fridge route rather then the keezer (also looking to fit both of my pin locks in there). I don't really mind having to put extra work into it (modifying the freezer section, etc). I've been scouring craigslist list and found some possible options:

Sanyo 4912: $125. I know this is the "holy grail" of mini fridges for kegerators but it's also the most expensive out of the options I found and is a little further away than I want to drive.

6.0 cf GE (not sure what model but does it matter for 6 cf?): $100. Could possibly talk the price down and is one of the closer locations.

GE Model WMR04GAVBB: $65. It's only 4.5 cf but I've seen instructions on how to convert it. Dealing with the freezer will be a pain but w/e. Also the furthest away.

GE Model WMR04GAZABB: $100. I couldn't find anything on this model and would likely be too small but the posting is in my town so I might as well check it out if the other ones don't work out. Anyone know anything about this model?

Any thoughts here? I'm actually leaving for vacation tomorrow so was trying to purchase a fridge tonight. Should I just bite the bullet and pay up for the Sanyo?

I don't have any experience with the other fridges but I got my Sanyo off of Craigslist for $50. It was about a half hour drive for me so it was very worth it. The build for the Sanyo was extremely easy. And I didn't really have to worry too much about where the refrigerant lines were as this was done a hundred times on this site (although I did the cornstarch test anyway).

Go for the one that will allow future expansion because I guarantee you will have more kegs.

Back