Pairing Recipe Software with Brewtroller 4.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMaslar

Reaction score
Hello,
We recently got hooked up with a soon-to-be-arriving Brewtroller 4.0. We are finishing an upgrade to our electronic controls/automation in a new box and it should be done within a week or so - mostly waiting on parts to arrive.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-xknBfGdZ8"]VIDEO[/ame]
I am interested in purchasing recipe building software, preferably for a Mac, and was wondering if there is a good pairing of software to use with the Brewtroller. I know there is nothing that is specifically plug and play, but I thought there might be a nice combo people have found. I am leaning towards the Beer Tools Pro.
Thanks

I have zero experience with Mac, but I am using Beer Tools Pro on Linux, and it works well.
It also exports recipes as BeerXML. That's the important part when it comes to getting recipes to the BrewTroller.
idorko from the BrewTroller forum has created a ruby application that will allow you to upload BeerXML recipes to the BrewTroller here.
Again, not sure what it would take to get ruby applications running on Mac, but the functionality is there.
Not 1-click by any means, but it's much easier than doing everything manually.

Back