Belgian Beer Fest - Downtown Baltimore, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Friday, February 16, 2007
11AM-2AM Each Day
Event ends Sunday, February 18, 2007
Place Max’s on Broadway
737 S. Broadway
Baltimore, MD, USA
Cost Pay as you go
Web http://www.maxs.com/
72 Hours of Belgium...
Over 60 Belgian beers on tap...
Over 120 Belgian beers in bottles...
traditional Belgian food....

We're heading down Saturday afternoon to see how much fun we can have. Anyone around the Baltimore-DC area should come up and check it out, it looks to be a blast.

Not only do they have the Belgians, but typically Max's has a huge number of microbrews/imports on tap and/or in the bottle. If you go to the website, click beer list for ... the beer list!

Look for me...I'll be the guy who looks like he just got beaten up by the UPS marketing team. (UPS Jacket, UPS Hat)

First one to recognize me and say - Hey, you're jezter6 from HBT forums...I'll buy you a beer. :)

For those of you that didn't make it...shame on you! This was an outstanding event put on by Max's this year.

All told there were some 60 Belgians on tap, and another 80 in various bottle sizes. Even over 3 days it would be likely impossible to try them all.

I tried Lambic for the first time and am now convinced I should brew them. I had kreiks, framboise, and regular unblendeds. I had saisons from 5 different breweries. It was just amazing.

I saw a reporter there asking how far people had travelled to come out...I saw as far as Chicago!! That was great having people from the midwest fly all the way out for a Belgian beer fest.

I met a number of homebrewers there, although none from this forum. I tried to pimp it out as best as I can.

Hope to see some of you next year!!

Back