Force Carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleC-Brewer

Reaction score
How do you know when you have injected enough CO2 into your corney keg? I have preset the pressure regulator at 12 psi. I turn the valve and I can hear the co2 entering the keg. Without a pressure gauge on the keg, I do not know when to stop injecting CO2. Don't want to blow up the keg or me. Comments would be appreciated. :confused:

The regulator should stop injecting CO2 when the pressure gets to what you set it at and then it will add more if the pressure drops below that set point.

I think kegs can take up to 130 lbs. but I ain't gonna test it. :)

The pressure regulator regulates the pressure to 12 PSI, it won't go above 12 PSI unless something goes wrong. If that happens your relief valve will open before anything blows up.

Man I am slow.

Cornies do have a max 130 PSI (stamped on all of mine anyway). The whole point of the regulator is to regulate the pressure , so unless you have a faulty one, or it chirps non stop (indicating a leak or bad reg) you should be good. :mug: mmm draft beer...

Back