Lid Keeps Blowing Off Of Fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREHAND

Reaction score
Please Help!!! My Lid Keeps Blowing Off Of My Fermenting Bucket And Filling The Airlock. I Don't Have An Empty Carboy To Transfer Into To Have A Blowoff Tube. What If I Use The Small Siphon Tube As A Blowoff? Will That Clog To Easy? Please Advise!!!

You could also do a modified 3 piece airlock blowoff in a pinch. If you are using a 3 piece...I don't think it would work for S-types.

Do this.

blowoff2.jpg

You have to find a piece of long hose that will fit in the center pipe of your airlock...I had to do it in a pinch and found the the hose I had for my bottling wand almost fit....I put a small slit in it, then I soaked it in hot water for a few minutes to Soften and slid it around the tube...

I also found it is a good idea to cut, saw or break off the little criss crossing piece of plastic at the bottom of the airlock. It worked great!

:mug: Relax, when krausen is coming out, nothing is going in. If you don't have the means for a blowoff tube, You will need to put the fermenter in something that will contain the mess. (Bath tub?) Then you could just put a sanitized glass over the hole your air lock goes in until fermentation dies down enough to use your sanitized airlock. Just keep an eye on it and keep everything clean and sanitized.:mug:

Back