So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to make an ESB recipe with a pound of wheat DME added...based it off of a combo of a couple recipes I found online

Freed up one fermenter last night and laid out the grain bill on the pool table instead of sleeping. Will crush the grains and set up the brew rig tonight after the birthday dinner party for a friend for the Saturday brew day being squeezed between the girl's soccer game and heading out of town for the long weekend. 10 gallons of IIPA will be the reward for all of the effort to make this brewday happen. I really wish I had more free time...

Planning on getting an Oatmeal / Coffee Stout going. It's supposed to age quite a while in the secondary, so this timing oughtta get it ready to drink just as winter is getting into full swing.

:mug:

I would like to get another mild down in the tank this weekend. I need to do some kegging and bottling, so it's going to be a busy weekend... Oh wait! I might just do a 5 gal batch of cider using Safale US05, found an extra pack in the fridge! simple and quick!

Brewing the Stone Clone again (pale ale). This time is AG, we'll see how close I hit the numbers. 60 minutes left of the 90 minute boil.

brewing the Kelsey's West Coast Bitter recipe from last month's Beer Advocate. I figure it's a great way to get rid of some of the hops I have in time to start buying 2010 harvest.

Brewing my Celebrate Simcoe tonite, its a Celebration Ale clone with a diff. hop bill, obviously centered around Simcoe!

Citrus xtasy

Finally after 2 months w/o an AG I am doing a St. Rogue Red Ale clone this weekend w/ some mild tweaks.

I wanted some low in ABV so I'm not one-and-done on a Friday evening crying uncle.

Brewing a second batch of Bee Cave Oktoberfest tomorrow to give away as groomsman gifts for my wedding. Does it spoil the surprise if your brew partner is also your best man?

I'm brewing the "Centennial Blonde" I found here...I'm excited..this is adevertised as a two weeks from grain to glass beer...I'll report back and let you know how it goes.
:mug:

I am going to be brewing a California Common using the recipe from the October issue of Brew Your Own magazine. The looks like a real tasty beer:D

Cheers and for all the Canadian Brewers.....Happy Thanksgiving:mug:

Eric

This morning I'm bottling "AKB IPA" (Ass Kicking Birthday IPA.) My son's b-day is October 31 and this batch is one of his presents. He came over 3 weeks ago & he helped brew it. I'm bringing the priming sugar to a boil now.

This afternoon I'll fire the kettle & get that fermenter back in rotation for me! :)

Halfway done with my Kolsch, 45 minutes left on the boil.

First beer of the day came in at 82% which I'm stoked about, on the down side I don't think I have enough hops in it. I was expecting the 68-70%. This 5.2 works well.
4.5 gallons (using my 6 gallon carboy for my Kolsch)
8 lbs Brewers Malt 2-Row (Briess) (1.8 SRM) Grain 69.57 %
1 lbs Caramel Malt - 60L 6-Row (Briess) (60.0 SRM) Grain 8.70 %
1 lbs Coffee Malt (165.0 SRM) Grain 8.70 %
1 lbs Oats, Flaked (Briess) (1.4 SRM) Grain 8.70 %
8.0 oz Victory Malt (biscuit) (Briess) (28.0 SRM) Grain 4.35 %
1.10 oz Williamette [4.80 %] (60 min) Hops 18.9 IBU
1.10 oz Williamette [4.80 %] (20 min) Hops 11.5 IBU
1.10 oz Williamette [4.80 %] (10 min) Hops 6.9 IBU
1.10 oz Williamette [4.80 %] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs Denny's Favorite 50 (Wyeast #1450) Yeast-Ale

Hope to have 2 5g batches finished tomorrow ...first is PM of a bitter, second is AG of Ed Wort's HPA.

Hope to have the first mash started by 7:30..beautiful Fall weekend here in VT for brewing

35 minutes left in the boil with my Choconut Porter. I usually have a buddy help out, but I'm running solo this time. I am enjoying some of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale though.

I'm going to brew a small Batch of ale Beer tomorrow and I will use dry ale yeast for the first time after

using bread yeast for two times and getting bad results .

Hector

15 gallon brew tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pale ale with two pounds of hops going into this sucker (old hop disposal day).

Brewed a Hefeweizen and a "Flat Tyre" (Fat Tire Clone, duh) today. No Chill, I'll pitch yeast tomorrow probably.

These cooler days in Houston have made it pretty bearable to brew lately. I even cleaned the garage while brewing, SWMBOs happy, I've got beer, and tomorrows still the weekend. Life is good!

Bottled up 10 gallons yesterday ( Bone and StormCastle ) - pln to bottle 6 gallons of my Hazy Daze tomorrow - but today I brewed up a 5 gal batch of Irish Red.

a little more than 10 minutes into the boil of my dark german ale. should have things wrapped up by 12:00-12:30 (including cleaning the mess in the kitchen before the wife notices it in the morning). might possibly do a 2 1/2 gallon of pale ale tomarrow. :mug:

i need to get rid of what i have. 3 kegs on tap, 6 kegs waiting, many types bottled ( some over a year old ). i wanna brew, using my new sanke hot liquor tank and mash tuns, but i have ( sacrilege ) too much beer

Back