Ghetto brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! No shame in my game either man. I just grab whatever is the closest thing at the right height and go with it. I brewed yesterday and was just dumping my sparge water in by tipping my hlt over my deck railing. Whatever works. If it's good beer, it's good beer. No need to be fancy!

Looking good! No shame in my game either man. I just grab whatever is the closest thing at the right height and go with it. I brewed yesterday and was just dumping my sparge water in by tipping my hlt over my deck railing. Whatever works. If it's good beer, it's good beer. No need to be fancy!

Amen Bro,
Each week the set up changes.

You guys are way way way more fancy than I am. I mash in a bag, sparge in a bucket, boil in 3 kettles on the stovetop, chill by immersion in a tub sink, aerate by shaking, yadda yadda....... makes good beer, so like Brad said, if it ain't broke.....

That's the best part of this hobby- it can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. Cheers.

My "system" is like dmtaylor's. Biab, dunk sparge in a bucket, and boil in 2 stock pots on my stove. I pour the chilled wort through a mesh strainer to aerate. Makes great beer, with minimum equipment.

My "system" is like dmtaylor's. Biab, dunk sparge in a bucket, and boil in 2 stock pots on my stove. I pour the chilled wort through a mesh strainer to aerate. Makes great beer, with minimum equipment.

I do the same, though I can get almost a full boil in 30qt pot. Have moved outside on propane on nice days recently. A lot faster boil and no steaming up the house windows!

Back