Best Solenoid valves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NachoDaddy707

Reaction score
Sorry if this info is in another thread. I'm shopping for some stainless 1/2", 2-way, (any voltage) solenoid valves for my automated build. They will be for my kettles and beer/H2O will be going through them. My design calls for 5 so I'm hoping to find some decently priced valves. I'm wondering if anyone has found a good deal on them anywhere or has had any good/bad experiences with any?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Found a ton of info after I posted, of course. But I'm still open to hearing good/bad experiences with solenoid valves

I got four 1/2" ASCO solenoid valves which i'm still getting around to integrating. They were recommended on the electric forum i think. I'm intending using them just for supply to HLT, HEX and also as drain valves. It was also recommended to me by somebody not to use them in series with my pumps as they can be a bit harsh i.e. water hammer and back pressure. Motorized ball valves are apparently more suited. Check out The Flying Beers P&ID (diagram) for his build.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/my-full-electric-build-thread-230849/index6.html

It shows where solenoid valves are suitable. All the other valves are ball valves

Back