Margarita Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kampo

Reaction score
So was laying in bed last night not able to sleep, because I had a dream about my boss that made me pissed at him....yeah I don't get it ethier, I actually like the guy lmao...

Anyways, my mind drifted to homebrew and started thinking about making a margarita wine. here is what my crazy mind came up wth. Basically start with Yoopers Really Hard Lemonaid Recipe, sub in limeaid for the lemonaid. and for the surgar swap it for Agave Nector. that covers 2 of the 3 components for a margarita, all thats left is the orange liqure. my thought is zesting a couple oranges boiling the zest in a cup of water and adding it to it. the other thought is after primary ferment I could add in a cup of vodka that had been steeped in the orange zest for the past month.

anyone tried anything like this? I'm fairly new to all this...well as new as someone who has 17 Gallons of Various Wines + a couple beers going right now lol.

Sounds like a good idea! I would think that you could just include the orange zest in your primary though--that should give you enough orange flavor. And I don't know that agave syrup actually has much tequila flavor...does it?

No idea if the agave nectar would be worth it. Never messed with it, will just have to see how expensive it is if it's resonably cheap might not be a horrible idea.

Kampo, did you ever do this? I've had the the same thought about using Agave nectar. I've made a 1 gallon batch of Pulque (technically Agave Mead). It was good but Agave nectar isn't cheap. As far as the orange goes, I'd soak the zest in a cup of tequilla. I may try to whip up a 1 gallon test batch.

Search my posts. I have a margarita wine going using key lime juice and brown sugar. It is a modified version of skeeter pee. I didn't think of adding agave to mine. That's a good idea.

Fermented agave nectar doesn't taste like tequila. It tastes like sweet white wine.

I know, I've made it.

Search my posts. I have a margarita wine going using key lime juice and brown sugar. It is a modified version of skeeter pee. I didn't think of adding agave to mine. That's a good idea.

Yep, already read it. Good thread.

I was curious about this method. Incorporating amber nectar, lime juice, and orange zest steeped in tequila.

Back