double nut brown recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely high abv and extra malty, the most popular one i know of is from mammoth brewing. im sure its not technically a true 'style' of beer but ive had it before and its good. similar to a porter but with nuttier characteristics. mainly i dont know how much hops to use to offset the malty sweetness of using lots of malts.

have you tried an internet search by the brew name? Sometimes that has worked for me (as in the Rogue Mocha Porter clone I just purchased from Austin Homebrew)

By the way, AHB is cool enough to tell you exactly what is in the kit. I got the mini-mash version. Should be interesting as the hops are different, the bill is different and the yeast is different. But there are many roads to Rogue.

How about a Strong Brown Ale recipe?

10 lbs. American 2-row
1 lb. American crystal 60L
8 oz. American chocolate
8 oz. American black patent
1 lb. Brown sugar
1 oz. Northern Brewer (60 min.)
2 oz. Fuggles (30 min.)
1 oz. Fuggles (15 min.)
White Labs English Ale yeast

Size: 5 gallons
Type: All grain
Color: 36 SRM
Bitterness: 58 IBU
OG: 1.083 FG: 1.010
Alcohol: 9.4% v/v

tony- that beer sounds great. it'll be one my next ones. anyone else with recipes like this let me know. i want to brew a couple 2.5 gallon batches of this style but with different recipes. thanks.

Latest posts

Back