What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mango wine to chase down some Porter. My wife gives me no ends of $hit for the pics I take! I don't care though, I'm working on a healthy buzz. Did I mention this mango wine is 15% abv and drinks like juice? Tomorrow is gonna hurt

ForumRunner_20130301_222808.jpg

nukebrewer said:
No TV and no more Ninkasi make nukebrewer something something.

Hahaha. Almost bought that tonight but SWMBO is not a hop fan. So I went for the Belgian Tripel to get my fade on haha. That's a solid IPA. cheers!

Some Mad Hatter. A little too drunk off the scotch. But hey, it's Friday. Well, Saturday now but cheers! :mug:

I kinda feel weird being the drunk West coast guy here. Headed to bed now as we have the funeral tomorrow. More drinks to be had all day tomorrow. G'Knight fellas haha

Saturday... 09:00... and I'm drinking what was supposed to be a smoked christmas ale brewed with juniper bush/twigs. It's not fully carbed but daaaaaamn this is one nice beer, especially for a failure.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid on the recommendation of a hop head friend, it's.....don't get me wrong I love IPA's and DIPA's and the color of this is outstanding, but this is a little tooooo much for me.... hard to describe the taste reminds me kinda of like when your weed whacking tall grass and weeds? I dunno? I'm still gonna finish it... just at a much slower rate :confused:

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid on the recommendation of a hop head friend, it's.....don't get me wrong I love IPA's and DIPA's and the color of this is outstanding, but this is a little tooooo much for me.... hard to describe the taste reminds me kinda of like when your weed whacking tall grass and weeds? I dunno? I'm still gonna finish it... just at a much slower rate :confused:

Maybe because its like 102 ibus? I like it but I agree it gets a little much. Plus the last time I had one I broke one of my tulip glasses. So bless that cursed beer! But I'll probably be back on the stoopid train this weekend..

Hops Stoopids is nots for sissys and grampas and I thinks you knows it. :D

Yeah, it definitely has a dank, weed-like taste to it. That's why I like it so much. I had one last night after a Zombie Dust. Mmmm.

I 2nd that. I love to get Stoopid. Anyone have a clone recipe?

I was just looking around too and found this page: http://www.northernbrewer.com/connect/2012/05/lagunitas-hop-stoopid-clone-recipe/

This is basically it. The original poster had his proportions off for the dry hop. Below are the "fixed" amounts, I suppose. I may have to order some hopshot resin and try this sucker out.

All-Grain:
At 70% efficiency
90 minute boil
OG 1.074

14 lbs 2 row
.5 lb Briess Victory
1 oz Nugget at 90 minutes
5.5 ml Hopshot at 60 minutes
0.65 oz Cascade and 0.65 Chinook at 12 min
1.3 oz Simcoe at flameout, wait 10 min before chilling
Pitch yeast starter of y1028 London Ale
Dry hop with 3 oz Columbus, 1.5 oz Simcoe, and.75oz Chinook.

Extract:
90 minute boil
OG 1.074

10.25 lbs Gold Malt Syrup
.5 lb Briess Victory
1.5 oz Nugget at 90 minutes
6.5 ml Hopshot at 60 minutes
0.65 oz Cascade and 0.65 Chinook at 12 min
1.3 oz Simcoe at flameout, wait 10 min before chilling
Pitch yeast starter of 1028 London Ale
Dry hop with 3 oz Columbus, 1.5 oz Simcoe, and.75oz Chinook.

I haven't had this one in a very long time. I remember enjoying it, but I don't think I really appreciated it at the time. I want to say it's been at least a couple years since I had it and between quitting smoking improving my sense of taste in general and the natural evolution of my palate, I am enjoying this way more than the last time I had it. Strong citrus and pine aromas right up front along with a faint malty sweetness. The bitterness is definitely intense, but quite smooth. Strong citrus/grapefruit hop flavor with just a bit of malt sweetness to back up that intense bitterness. Finishes really dry and between that and the bitterness, the perception is borderline astringent, but it's not which rounds this out as an awesome DIPA.

20130302_132600.jpg

nukebrewer said:
I haven't had this one in a very long time. I remember enjoying it, but I don't think I really appreciated it at the time. I want to say it's been at least a couple years since I had it and between quitting smoking improving my sense of taste in general and the natural evolution of my palate, I am enjoying this way more than the last time I had it. Strong citrus and pine aromas right up front along with a faint malty sweetness. The bitterness is definitely intense, but quite smooth. Strong citrus/grapefruit hop flavor with just a bit of malt sweetness to back up that intense bitterness. Finishes really dry and between that and the bitterness, the perception is borderline astringent, but it's not which rounds this out as an awesome DIPA.

I loves me some stoopid! And for like $4 a bottle I think it's a hell of a deal.

libeerty said:
Brewing a smoked porter so had to pop one open after I got the boil going!

I love the smell of mashing and boiling a smoked beer. I think my favorite is using cherrywood smoked grain.

nukebrewer said:
It's $6 for me, but still a great deal.

What's that all about? I can't figure out why it's so my more in some states

image-1224164473.jpg

image-1422550139.jpg

Drinking my 'I'm pretty darn sure this is my 16c' saison. Wort ph adjustment and recipe tweaks have this close to perfect. It's bottle conditioned on under a week and should improve in clarity and flavor in the next few weeks. Color is a great 'pale orange' even if its hard to tell from pics

Attachments

• image-3680756769.jpg
    image-3680756769.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 100
nukebrewer said:
Most of it's probably taxes, but imagine shipping costs play a part as well

Dunno, nc has very high beer taxes and its 3.50$ there. Everything else is much cheaper in Kentucky or Ohio, but hop stoopid is 5$-6$.

image-3620338712.jpg

Guess I'd call this a bíere de garde. Only 4.5% abv and perhaps too hoppy for comp. 2nd version of this recipe and I'm not sure I'd change anything.

Chuckus95 said:
Been sick all week. Time for a Dark Horse Perkulator Coffee Doppelbock. Pretty disappointing. Dark Horse's beers are so uneven.

I kinda liked that one. Now the gawd awful 'kolcsh' they made was disappointing!

Having a Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. I found the recipe on Beersmith, now to order the ingredients for next brew day.

Right now I'm drinking coors light... Pure crap. But you know what? I'm drinking it with my dad and that is what he likes and it is his first one in a year. He just got back from Afghanistan today after working with the Afghan military disarming IEDs. My dad is EOD so think Hurt Locker and that's what you got. Plus with all the afghan military turning on US troops its not a great place to be.

Anyway, given the circumstances, this is a great beer.

Back