What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bottlebomber said:
Is that your haul on the wire rack? If so I'd say trouble is a little optimistic ;)

How I wish!

No, they rolled in a rack to keep up with the frenzy. I got out of there with a hand basket and couldn't look back. "sir, step away from the rack."

Here's my haul.

image-4043771592.jpg

Beside the Lil Sumpin all new to me.

Well you kept it under $100 so she shouldn't get to psycho. I was going to go down tonight as I got a pretty ridiculously large paycheck today but I decided against it. I've been buying way too much beer, and it keeps me from bottling my homebrew because I'm lazy like that. I like lambics, because you don't have to bottle them for 2 years ;)

How I wish!

No, they rolled in a rack to keep up with the frenzy. I got out of there with a hand basket and couldn't look back. "sir, step away from the rack."

Here's my haul.

Beside the Lil Sumpin all new to me.

What's that Ninkasi beer? I know I've had it before, but my memory of Oregon is very fuzzy...
I live far from a whole foods, and when I go, I spend at least $100,
And last time I went, it was 20%off all 22oz bottles and larger, aside from lambiks, and imported barleywine/irs.
I love whole foods, but I'm not sure if my wife does.

2L deep in my elephant clone, a .5L thor-bock alpha, and a stone IPA.

ForumRunner_20130125_224754.png

ForumRunner_20130125_224814.png

Coffee...waiting for mash phase on the Irish Red to finish. One too many hard ciders last night....but it goes down sooooo good.... :D

... was gonna post this last night, but two of these made this old man fall asleep on the floor at 9pm...

Lake Superior's kayak kölsch. I don't know that style well, but this one seems a good summer beer.

image-124829790.jpg

Sample of my oatmeal stout as I bottled. Could be my best ever - only possible issue is some oily mouthfeel. I think the nibs I bought at whole foods were mislabeled. Still, tastes awesome (even flat) with great chocolate and coffee notes. It's also a big beer @ 9% :mug:

image-2202369760.jpg

image-3062609469.jpg

... was gonna post this last night, but two of these made this old man fall asleep on the floor at 9pm...

Lake Superior's kayak kölsch. I don't know that style well, but this one seems a good summer beer.

Have you tried their Barley Wine yet?

Highlands Black Mocha Stout. I'm disappointed in this. I really want to like it. I can't quite put my finger on what it is yet, either. Not bad, just... maybe just not what I was expecting, although I normally love black ales.

I love Highland's beer but can't get it here in Illinois. Black Mocha was my least favorite but it is still better than many beers.

I am drinking FFF's Alpha King and Souther Tier 2xIPA this evening.

Sam Adams Imperial White.
Drinkable.........but...can't say this will be a repeat purchase. Will be switching to Elliot Ness after this pint is gone.

EHV said:
Sam Adams Imperial White.
Drinkable.........but...can't say this will be a repeat purchase. Will be switching to Elliot Ness after this pint is gone.
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/...-B4DA-95AB85921DE9-14211-00000F738E52DADD.jpg

I haven't had that one, but I felt the same way about their imperial stout, wee heavy and double bock when they were young. I left them alone for two years in the refrigerator and they are great after that time. So that aging might help the imperial white as well.

2011 old hickory event horizon followed by dieu de ciel! Rigor Mortis. Scalped my winter warmer beerfest tickets and headed to the bar. Next stops are wedge and green man.

Back