natural force carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsoda

Reaction score
I'm about to run out of co2 , could this possibly work to force carb and or Dispense beer?
co22.JPG

??? You're gonna be sending yeast sludge through your regulator if you dont cut your diptube off real short. I'm not sure how this is exactly going to work. Does anyone know how much pressure could build up in a corny under these circumstances without letting off the pressure? I would personally just go to your local supply and get some more CO2.

it'll be on the gas " IN " side? and only around 1/2 - 3/4 full -i think my corny said not to exceed 130psi i think it will hold ... has anyone experimented with this? i cant find anything to read.

(there is no co2 supplier in town)

Does anyone know how much pressure could build up in a corny under these circumstances without letting off the pressure? I would personally just go to your local supply and get some more CO2.

Those emergancy valves are supposed to get up to 130 PSI. So even if you try to get lots of fermentation going....you're probably going to get enough pressure to get an enemic burp from a normal CO2 regulator (because it's designed for pressure ranges of 500 - 1200 PSI).

I agree, it's easier just to get out there and get your tank filled: with this, it seems like it's a lot of work for little gains.

There are some other compounds produced in some fermentations. I know a lot have a very sulfery smell. I wouldn't want that going into my keg of beer.

You would be better off priming the keg and letting pressure build up inside the keg. You will probably have enough pressure to dispense for a little bit. That will tide you over so you can go get your tank refilled.

A. It will work, gas to gas.
B. Lots of luck modifying the regulator. I wouldn't bother.

alright ... is soon as i find another fridge I'm going to start experimenting.
maybe i can stack my brews so 1 if feeding the other co2 and get a rotation going.

Seriously. Why bother going macgyver on it?

Just man up and either A) Find a welding or extinguisher shop for CO2 B) keg condition with sugar or C) bottle and condition it.

If you don't have something to chill the kegs in, you are just ignoring the big picture.

Back