Aging/Conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
I brewed a Belgian Dubbel that sat in primary for six and a half weeks (I know this is pretty long). So since it has fermented and then aged in the fermenter do I need to let it age/condition in the keg? Will it condition differently now that it is off the yeast cake?

Im used to bottling where you let it carb and condition for three weeks at 70 degrees after three to four weeks in fermenters...a grand total of six to seven weeks.

Well in this case let it sit for six to seven weeks then straight to the fridge in the keg. Should I pull it out and let it condition at room temp? Or did I already do that by lettting it sit so long in primary?

thanks!

I would throw it in the keg, put it in the keezer, and attach serving pressure and leave it for 2 weeks if there is any question about further conditioning.

Beer will continue to condition in a cold, carbed state.

And you're as close to conditioned as you're gonna get, as far as being drinkable. I'd do what Arkador says, and give it a bit of a taste-see after 2 weeks of serving pressure in the keezer.

Back