Uneven bottle carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bottle carbed my last batch of Apfelwien and I ended up with some bottles barely carbonated and some carbonated as much if not more than a Champaign, with most being in the middle. For my next carbonation job I was wondering how to get a more even carbonation, should I just stir it up really well?

carbing sugar in a couple cups of water boiled. Put mixture in bottling bucket. Siphon apflewine/beer into bucket. bottle 1/4 of the product and re-stir. bottle 1/4 of product and re-stir. OR using carbing tabs. Lastly don't store boxes of conditioning bottles on a concrete floor. I've had uneven carbing from cold concrete.

shafferpilot said:
Lastly don't store boxes of conditioning bottles on a concrete floor. I've had uneven carbing from cold concrete.
Ah! That makes sense - I've had that too, but couldn't figure out why it was. No more concrete floor conditioning.

Back