Do you repeat the same beer purchase?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer buying habits

• I always buy a different beer.

• I mostly buy a different beer.

• I sometimes/hardly buy a different beer.

• I always buy the same beer.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering how often people tend to buy the same beer often or always have something new. I guess this poll is more for people who have a beer store with a good selection of beers.

I tend to try something different almost always.

I usually try and buy something different also. I think of it as research for future homebrews. This summer though, I've been addicted to Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Hell. If I've bought 8 cases of beer since May, 4 of them have been the Franziskaner.

kinda hard to have a favorite with this two block away

IMG_0992.jpg

I don't really fit into any particular single one of your categories, I buy my regular beer along with some other occasional standard treat every other week or so and then something new every so often so I did not vote. Can I vote more than once?

I usually try and buy something different also. I think of it as research for future homebrews. This summer though, I've been addicted to Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Hell. If I've bought 8 cases of beer since May, 4 of half have been the Franziskaner.

I've sampled a wide variety of brews this summer. However, I have also been on a huge Franziskaner kick. I can't go to the beer store without picking up at least a 6-pack of the stuff.

Mostly I'll try something new. I rarely drink two pints of the same beer at a brewpub in an evening, either.

I'm about 50/50, so I don't really fit in on the options either. And when I by "the usual thing" it's one of about 20 different beers I buy so I'm not sure how that fits. Some of my regular beers I only buy 2 or 3 times a year.

I usually try as many microbrews as possible. Although, I definitely have my favourites (Terrapin, Hobgoblin, Duck Rabbit etc) that I cycle through every 2-3 purchases.

I'll try almost anything. I had a Bud Light Lime the other night, in fact - if ever there was an instantiation of Skittlebrau, that's it (but just the green ones).

I can't stop myself from buying Trumer, though.

Typically try new things everytime I make a purchase, but I always have standby's that I'll get more than other things.

I do a little traveling in my line of work so it depends on where I'm at. At home I almost always buy from my favorite local brewery, so not the same beer but the same brewery.

The only thing I buy over and over again is Olympia.
I like having some Camping Beer in the fridge for after work decompression.

PBR is ok for this as well, but OLY has a special place in my heart.

i like drinking seasonal beers, so i'm always switching up between oktoberfests, wheats, so on and so forth. i like trying seasonals from different brewers as well. :mug:

I started my journey with beer by buying whatever I hadn't had that was on sale. I rarely buy commercial anymore but I do look when I go to the grocery for what is new. I just picked up a 6 of SN Tumbler.

I'm always looking for something new, but about every 3rd or 4th purchase I'll get an old standby. Usually something from Stone Deschuttes or Ballast Point.

I find myself split down the middle. I have a group of favorites but also try to experiment with new types and brands. I usually get one sixer of a favorite and one new one. I have not been into good beer as long as many of you so I have more to learn from experimenting. This is one of the many benefits to me of this list in that I can read your experiences and find beer that suits my tastes

About 50/50.
My standards are DfH 60-minute IPA, Redhook ESB, Anchor Porter, and Guinness Stout.
However, my Guinness purchases have slackened off now that I have made good stouts, and I expect my Anchor purchases will drop off also when my current brew is opened. Samuel Adams Imperial Doublebock may take the Guinness slot.

I usually buy a 12-pack of known-to-me beer and a 6 of new-to-me beer. So for number of instances where I buy beer, I usually buy some sort of new beer but by volume I usually buy the same beer I always drink by a 2:1 ratio. I think that puts me in category 3 so that's how I voted.

The only thing I buy over and over again is Olympia.
I like having some Camping Beer in the fridge for after work decompression.

PBR is ok for this as well, but OLY has a special place in my heart.

This is my line of thinking too. I usually have something cheap on hand always and then the occasional treat of a bomber or six pack. Trying to get the pipeline full to take care of that though.

Back