Belma beer trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNGabe

Reaction score
After some discussion in the original Belma thread, I'm starting this one for the Belma beer swap. If no one protests, I'm picking Feb 15 as the ship by date, aiming to hold the group online tasting around Mar 1, depending on participants' schedules.

For now, I think these are the "rules" that the current participants have come up with:

1) Beers for the swap should feature Belma.

2) Get 3, ship 3. An extra beer or two, homebrewed or local micro, would of course be encouraged, but not required.

Not too complicated. RSVP in this thread with your suggestions for how the swap should work, when we want to ship, and when to have the tasting. :mug:

I'm game. I've got a Belma IPA that is about to be kegged in a week.

I'll probably do a saison with it as well.

3 in, 3 out. So you'd have atleast 3 different Belma beers from 3 different people. Having extras in the box to a degree would be great I think. For one, it doesn't increase shipping too much, and makes it worth the price, instead of sending one beer.

Dates sound fine. Online tasting sounds fun, for those that can't do that, or don't have the means, I would say that would be fine too. We can have a thread for the tasting, and each person can post up about anothers beer in a mini review..

All group exchanges should be coordinated by a Supporting Member or preferably a Moderator. Exchanges are restricted to supporting members unless otherwise stated.

Why do you have to be a supporting member to exchange beer with another HBT'er?

All group exchanges should be coordinated by a Supporting Member or preferably a Moderator. Exchanges are restricted to supporting members unless otherwise stated.

Why do you have to be a supporting member to exchange beer with another HBT'er?

You don't! It's only the organized "group" exchanges. You can swap or exchange with anyone you choose to, with the awareness that you're taking the risk.

With an organized group exchange, the person doing the exchange is the one sort of "vouching" for people as well as doing the organizing work. These are the bigger exchanges that require coordination.

Small one-to-one exchanges organized by the participants are absolutely fine.

I'd like to get in on this. I haven't even received my Belma yet, but it's on the way and I plan on brewing something with it as soon as I get it. I was originally thinking a SMaSH, but based on things I read in the original Belma thread, I think I'm going to pair it with something else. I'll wait until I get it to smell and taste before I decide what exactly the pairing hop will be.

Totally down, so 3, 12oz bottles of the same belma homebrew? So they can be split up?

I'd be interested in a non official trade with an individual or two. I just got done brewing a modest IIPA with a gang of Belma to get as much flavor/aroma out of it as I know how. Even used 2.5oz of leaf in the hop rocket. I more interested in beers that use all Belma in flavor and aroma without adding Citra or Amarillo. Especially different yeast strains. I used Wyeast NW ale. Mine should be ready in a month or so.

How are we going to determine who sends their beer to whom? I'm not sure if any other supporting members have offered their support, but I would be willing to organize this group trade if no one else wants to.

I just brewed an all belma APA and I would be into the group swap idea.

Confused by the rule about supporting member. Does everyone have to be a paid member, or just the person "organizing" the swap?

On a side note I'm planning on becoming a member once I get a job...

The freaking rules around here seem to be very far reaching! It is supposed to be a beer forum.

Exactly, so there needs to be some sort of accountability dealing with shipping/sharing alcohol, and none of which the site needs to be held liable for.

There's nothing against you contacting someone and swapping a few bottles to compare, but an organized, larger swap would be something that would need to be held to a different degree.

Exactly, so there needs to be some sort of accountability dealing with shipping/sharing alcohol, and none of which the site needs to be held liable for.

There's nothing against you contacting someone and swapping a few bottles to compare, but an organized, larger swap would be something that would need to be held to a different degree.

I disagree. Nobody is looking to make this site liable for beers that don't show up.

I disagree. Nobody is looking to make this site liable for beers that don't show up.

I think it's more about just making sure the trade is successful and everyone has a good experience. Having said that, I don't see how having paid the membership fee somehow makes you more able to organize a group trade, but rules is rules. Maybe it's like the mob where you have to prove your loyalty before they give you any responsibility.

Like I said before, I'm more than willing to get the ball rolling on this, so if no one has any objections let's get this party started. Just PM me if you want to get in on the trade and let me know what kind of beer you'll be trading with. The rest of the details will be worked out as the trade deadline approaches.

I'm in. I have a Belma/Galaxy IPA carbing now on tap. I'll fill from the tap and be happy to trade that, and some other beers. Local craft as well..

To make it worthwhile I think, everyone involved should obviously share their Belma Brew, and perhaps atleast 1 other beer style, doesn't have to have Belma in it. Maybe one you want some advice on, one you are proud of, or one you've been aging and want to have others taste. Shipping one beer will cost roughly the same as 2 or 3 beers.

2 homebrews, and I'd also bee game to include a local craft or two in the mix as well, something who ever is getting my box, can't get, or hasn't had. Or if you don't buy craft, some more homebrew. Would be fun to do a blind draw or match and go from there.

We need a deadline for entry, then time to pair people up.

I like this idea fatc1ty has above!

One belma beer, one other homebrew and one craft beer that cant be found outside of your area (or a third homebrew if you cant find one). To make this exciting if this 3 beer plan goes down ill do pliny...and I hope somebody can do heady topper...

Back