So I think I want to start kegging...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicadrick

Reaction score
So I am brewing like a mad man, drinking at my regular pace and I find my self giving lots of brew away to friends and neighbors, etc.

This hole bottling thing is getting kind of old, sounds like I should start brewing larger batches that will enable me to keg the majority, and bottle some for portability, and aging, etc.

Here's my question is this: Do I need store my full kegs chilled? I can see having 2-4 taps eventually, but to start, likely just one or two.

Be gentle! ;)

Kegs can be stored at room temp. Just think of a keg as a big bottle. All the same applies except means of carbonation and pouring. Just rack to the keg, (instead of bottling bucket minus priming solution) Blast with 30psi to seal lid.
Now if you want it ready to serve you'll want it cold. Temperature will effect the psi required to carbonate it. I store them warm if I have a pipeline, then it take 1-2 weeks from the time I toss it in the keezer to when I hook up the beer out line and pull the tap.
You can keg with priming sugar just like bottles and store warm, then when you put it in the keezer it would have the co2 in the keg but will need a couple days still being cold to absorb the co2.

Not to turn this into the kegging dumb question thread... but do you need disconnects on kegs when they are not hooked up to a line? Like just sealed and waiting?

Latest posts

Back