1L swing top bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey

Reaction score
My father in-law sent me a six pack of 1lt swingtop bottles in a nice wood carrier.

I was planning on using one of them when I bottle my next batch. The issue is will I need to adjust the priming sugar to get a good carbination? I've notice that the batches where I used a few 22oz bottles, those bottles would not have as good of a carbination then the other 12oz bottles in the batch.

Any ideas? Maybe fill the bottle before adding the priming sugar, then use priming tabs for that bottle, while adjusting the priming sugar for a Ltr short on the rest?

Are you batch priming or bottle priming? I have not had any issues with carbonation in different bottle sizes when batch priming.

Yeah I always batch prime. I wasn't sure if the larger bottle volume would be an issue. Like I mentioned my 22oz'er always seem a bit flat compared to the 12'oz.

Thanks for the reassurance!

i've found that bigger bottles tend to take longer to fully carbonate. Patience is the key.

Latest posts

Back